Here in this article, we will guide you how to update, download and install Android Oreo on Xiaomi Mi 5S Plus smartphone. If you have the Xiaomi Mi 5S Plus and want to update it to Android 8.0 Oreo, then you are at right place. Follow the article to download and install Android Oreo on Xiaomi Mi 5S Plus based on LineageOS 15.
Lineage OS 15 is an unofficial custom ROM which is based on latest Android 8.0 Oreo (Android O) operating system. The custom ROM is still in the initial stage that means it may have few bugs, so proceed your own risk. We will not be responsible if any happens to your device during this installation.
Xiaomi launched the Mi 5S Plus smartphone back in September 2016. It comes with 5.7 Full HD display, powered by Quad-core MSM8996 Snapdragon 821 processor under the hood. It comes with 4 GB of RAM and 64 GB internal storage option and 6 GB of RAM and 128 GB internal storage variants.
It featured with the dual 13-megapixel camera on the rear panel and 4-megapixel camera on the front panel. It is packed with Non-removable 3800 mAh battery along with fast charging feature and runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow operating system out of the box.
- Video Playback
- Audio ( Record and Playback )
- SELinux is permissive
- Make sure your device charged up to 60%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This tutorial is only for Xiaomi Mi 5S PLus. Don’t try it on others devices.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Enable your device USB debugging.
- Take a complete backup of your device.
- Download Android 8.0 Oreo for Xiaomi Mi 5S Plus based on LineageOS 15
- Download GApps
How to install Android Oreo on Xiaomi Mi 5S Plus based on LineageOS 15
- Download all the files from links as mentioned earlier and transfer them into internal storage option.
- Now, reboot your device into Recovery mode.
- Now, Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
- Now, tap on the install and select the Android Oreo zip file and flash it.
- After installation complete, flash GApps zip file.
- After complete installation, go back to the main memory and reboot your device.
- It will take time to boot while doing first time after installation.
Now your Xiaomi Mi 5S Plus running on Android 8.0 Oreo OS which based on LineageOS 15 Custom ROM. If you are facing any problem during this process, let us know in the comment box.