Xiaomi has launched the Mi 5s flagship smartphone last year. It comes with Android 6.0 Marshmallow operating system out of the box. The company has not released any os update for the phone till now. Google has launched the new Android 8.0 Oreo operating system. Here in this article, we will guide you to how to update, download and install Android Oreo on Xiaomi Mi 5S based on LineageOS 15.
The Lineage OS 15 is an unofficial custom ROM for the Xiaomi Mi 5s smartphone which based on Android 8.0 Oreo OS. Xiaomi Mi 5s comes with 5.15-inch Full HD display. It is powered by Quad-core Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 821 processor under the hood along with Adreno 530 GPU. It comes with 3 GB of RAM and 64 GB internal storage option and 4 GB of RAM and 128 GB internal storage option variants.
It is packed with Non-removable 3200 mAh battery along with fast charging feature. It has a fingerprint sensor on the front panel. There is a 12-megapixel camera on the back side and 4-megapixel camera on the front side for selfies.
If you have Xiaomi Mi 5S smartphone and want to test new features of the Android 8.0 Oreo OS, then you are at right place. Just follow the article to update and install Android Oreo on Xiaomi Mi 5S based on LineageOS 15. The custom ROM is still in initial stage which means it may have few bugs, so proceed your own risk. We will not responsible if something happens to your device while doing the installation.
- Video Playback
- Audio ( Record and Playback )
- SELinux is permissive
- Make sure your device charged up to 60%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This tutorial only for Xiaomi Mi 5S. Don’t try it on others devices.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Enable your device USB debugging.
- Take a complete backup of your device.
- Download Android 8.0 Oreo for Xiaomi Mi 5S based on LineageOS 15
- Download GApps
How to install Android Oreo on Xiaomi Mi 5s based on LineageOS 15
- Download all the files from links as mentioned earlier and transfer them into internal storage option.
- Now, reboot your device into Recovery mode.
- Now, Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
- Now, tap on the install and select the Android Oreo zip file and flash it.
- After installation complete, flash GApps zip file.
- After complete installation, go back to the main memory and reboot your device.
- It will take time to boot while doing first time after installation.
That’s it, You have installed Android 8.0 Oreo custom ROM based on LineageOS 15 on Xiaomi Mi 5s smartphone. If you are facing any problem while installing this custom ROM, let us know in comment section.