Lenovo has launched the 3rd Gen Motorola Moto G series smartphone in 2015, called Moto G3 or Moto G 2015 or Moto G 3rd Gen. The Moto G3 comes with Android 5.0 Lollipop operating system out of the box and upgradable up to Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Google has launched new Android 8.0 Oreo operating system last month. Here in this article, we will guide you how to update, download and install Android Oreo on Moto G3 2015 based on LineageOS 15.
The LineageOS for Moto G3 is a custom ROM which is based on Android 8.0 Oreo operating system. It comes with more customizations and developed by Alberto97. The LineageOS 15 Android oreo for Moto G3 is still in the initial stage and has many more bugs. So, proceed at your own risk and we will not be responsible if anything happens to your device.
If you have Motorola Moto G3 smartphone and want to experience new features of Android Oreo, then you are at right place. Just follow the article to update, download and install Android Oreo on Moto G3 based on LineageOS 15.
- RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
- Video Playback
- VoLTE is currently unimplemented as it breaks RIL
- Permissive SELinux
- Make sure your device charged up to 60%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This tutorial is only for Moto G3 2015. Don’t try it on others devices.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Enable your device USB debugging.
- Take a complete backup of your device.
- Download Android 8.0 Oreo for Motorola Moto G3 based on LineageOS 15
- Download GApps
How to install Android Oreo on Moto G3 2015 based on LineageOS 15
- Download all the files from links as mentioned earlier and transfer them into internal storage option.
- Now, reboot your device into Recovery mode by pressing and holding power and volume buttons together for few seconds.
- Now, Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
- Now, tap on the install and select the Android Oreo zip file and flash it.
- After installation complete, flash GApps zip file.
- After complete installation, go back to the main memory and reboot your device.
- It will take time to boot while doing first time after installation.
That’ll, you have installed the LineageOS 15 on Moto G3 which is based on Android 8.0 Oreo operating system out of the box. If you are facing any problem during the installation, let us know in the comment box.