TamilRockers 2020 Website: Who are They? Why Are They So Hard To Stop?
Tamilrockers is an Indian piracy website that provides access to download free movies online and a word of panic for all Bollywood, Hollywood and regional filmmakers. Many recent South Indian films, B-Town films and even Hollywood movies were leaked by Tamilrockers which includes Oh Baby, Bharat, Uri: The Surgical Strike, Avengers Endgame, Kabir Singh, Article 15, Super 30 and now JudgeMentall Hai Kya.
Also Read: Tamilrockers leaked Super 30 full movie
Tamil Rockers was founded in 2011 as a bootleg recording network which later on became a public torrent website that links to pirated copies of films.
Some Surprising Facts
- According to a report, India stands fourth in accessing piracy movie sites for streaming purposes.
- Surprisingly, in 2015, a study found that Indian people constitute 18% of the total population who stream the movie online on illegal upload sites.
- On March 15, 2018, five men behind Tamilrockers were arrested. One of them was a site administrator and other linked to partner site DVD Rockers. They all were educated with degrees in computer science and engineering. According to sources, they were earning between US$1,500 and US$3,000 each per month.
- Their names are Prabhu, Johnson, Suresh, Karthi and Maria John. says that Prabhu is the owner of Tamilrockers and Johnson is the owner of DVD Rockers, according to the police statement.
- Tamilrockers members used to record movies in pieces from various parts of the world and join them together.
Why Tamilrockers Are So Hard To Stop?
Madras High Court ordered Internet Service Providers (ISP) to block nearly 12,000 piracy websites in December 2018 which surprisingly included 2,000 suspected sites of Tamilrockers. This shows how this website has control over the market as, despite the order, the film 2.0
Hardwork of 4 yrs, crores of money, efforts of 1000s of technicians – all to give you a visual spectacle you can watch, love and enjoy in THEATRES!
Do not spoil the experience. SAY NO TO PIRACY! Send all pirated links to [email protected] & help Indian cinema shine!#2Point0
— 2.0 (@2Point0movie) November 29, 2018
Here the point is- The battle is not against one individual. Tamilrockers are run by several people and are anonymous in nature. The sites are hosted on proxy servers which are based out of either Russia or Ukraine.
Even though Tamilrockers were blocked by the Department of Telecommunication India, the site administrators are expert in creating a new website with high traffic to evade the block.
The technology which is used to delete every domain or completely taking down the website, the same technology is used by Tamilrockers to host a site, with technology and coding, which makes it nearly difficult to completely take down or delete Tamilrockers.
The following are some of the domains used by the Tamilrockers site recently:
Tamilrockers .cc (From Mar 7)
Tamilrockers .to (From Apr 20)
Tamilrockers .be (From Jul 6)
Tamilrockers .pm (From Jul 28)
What are the Steps Taken To Stop Tamilrockers?
— TFPC ANTI PIRACY CELL (@TFPC_Antipiracy) June 20, 2018
— TFPC ANTI PIRACY CELL (@TFPC_Antipiracy) October 13, 2018