Tokyo City Sport Landscape Report 2021 – Analysing the City’s Sport Profile, Events and Sponsorships – ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The “Tokyo City Sport Landscape – Analysing City’s Sport Profile, Events and Sponsorships” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
This city profile looks at the sporting environment of the host of the 2020 Olympic Games and the 2019 Rugby World Cup, Tokyo Japan. While the Games of 2020, delayed to 2021 due to the pandemic, are the intended centre-piece of Japanese sport, the city boasts several other regular sporting events which complement the world’s most populated city’s sporting market.
The city has a strong sport team ecosystem, with several soccer teams, as well as basketball and baseball, which grew popular in Japan in the post World War Two period. Among its regular sporting events, the city sees two tennis professional tour events, with the Rakuten Open forming part of the ATP Tour, while the Japan Open makes up the WTA Tour’s Asian leg. In addition, the city also welcomes the Badminton World Federation annually for the Japan Open, part of the BWF’s World Tour.
While the city has once again seen the majority of its sporting events cancelled in the wake of the pandemic, the Olympics went ahead as Tokyo entered a state of emergency due to the pandemic health crisis.
Having initially been positioned as a means to turn Tokyo into a world sporting capital alongside the Rugby World Cup, and a means of driving tourism to the city, government restrictions on international travel means the Games of 2020 will feel very different with athletes requiring regular health monitoring, and with some sponsors already pulling out of Olympic themed advertising, the commercial side of the Games is now beginning to strain as well.
On top of the Games, Tokyo hosted the FINA Diving World Cup. The Tokyo Marathon, an annual event in the city, was cancelled in the wake of the pandemic.
An insight into the different commercial models of the FINA Diving World Cup and the Tokyo Marathon, with insights into how geographical and sport market factors influence brand decisions to partner with these events
- This city profile looks at the event landscape in Tokyo and how it has been affected by the pandemic as well as a breakdown of public spending on the Olympic Games and public sentiment for the Games given Tokyo’s health crisis.
- The profile also provides an overview of the city’s biggest sponsorship agreements, its future event bids, and an overview of its sport teams and venues.
Reasons to Buy
- Data surrounding city economics will provide readers with an understanding of Tokyo’s capacity to host large scale sporting events. Readers will also gain access to industry leading sponsorship data and a look into the sporting present and future of Japan’s capital.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Key Information and Background
3. Event Landscape
4. Sponsorship Landscape
5. Future Bids
- Marathon Major Series
- Badminton World Federation
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/j90g2l
The content is by Business Wire. Headlines of Today Media is not responsible for the content provided or any links related to this content. Headlines of Today Media is not responsible for the correctness, topicality or the quality of the content.