A roundup of the week’s most newsworthy environment industry press releases from PR Newswire, including a new curriculum for teaching students about ocean pollution.
NEW YORK, Sept. 15, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — With thousands of press releases published each week, it can be difficult to keep up with everything on PR Newswire. To help journalists covering the environment industry stay on top of the week’s most newsworthy and popular releases, here’s a roundup of stories from the week that shouldn’t be missed.
The list below includes the headline (with a link to the full text) and an excerpt from each story. Click on the press release headlines to access accompanying multimedia assets that are available for download.
- McDonald’s, Post Holdings, and PUMA Join Over 20 Leading Partners in Supplier Leadership on Climate Transition
A key measure for gauging a company’s commitment to climate transition is Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi)-alignment. The Supplier Leadership on Climate Transition (Supplier LOCT) supports the climate goals and efforts of the partners’ suppliers by training them on how to set and reach these targets.
- Brightmark, Guy Harvey Foundation Launch Marine Science Curriculum, Educating K-5 Students on Ocean Plastic Pollution
Brightmark, together with GHF, authored the Plastic Pollution, Plastic Solution unit, a week-long lesson plan that addresses a range of age-appropriate topics, from identifying different types of plastic and their corresponding life cycles to understanding different recycling processes.
- Elevating the Work of Young Climate Leaders from Across the Globe, Girl Rising Welcomes New Cohort of Future Rising Fellows
These 10 young leaders, from fields ranging from habitat conservation to marine ecology; from climate advocacy to hydro-meteorology will participate in the year-long Fellowship. Girl Rising will support these nine women and one man with storytelling training, network building, advocacy opportunities, and financial assistance.
- ContraPest® Deploying at Waste Water Treatment Facilities
SenesTech, Inc., the rodent fertility control experts and inventors of the only EPA registered contraceptive for male and female rats, ContraPest®, announced that ContraPest is being deployed into a new vertical, waste water treatment facilities, with deployments in both Washington and California.
- Carbon Cowboys Tackling Climate Change
Melliens’ data-driven Livestock Carbon Monitoring & Carbon Offset Sharing Platform aims to help beef producers generate and sell carbon offsets by adopting agricultural methods less carbon-intensive than current industry standards.
- Modern Mill Named to Sustainable Company Product Innovation of the Year (Americas) by Environmental Finance
Modern Mill’s flagship product ACRE, tackles deforestation with its 100% tree-free makeup. It’s made from upcycled rice hulls, a form of agricultural waste, in a zero-waste manufacturing environment.
- Pyxus International, USAID Partner to Unlock Farmer Value in Malawi
This award compliments PAM’s investment to date and offsets certain company expenditures going forward as both entities work to increase the availability of high-quality, climate-smart groundnut seed varieties, boost groundnut production and processing, support improved farmer livelihood and counteract the nation’s high rate of deforestation.
- Mars Publishes “Accelerated, Affordable and Achievable” Net Zero Roadmap to Cut Emissions 50% by 2030 Across Full Value Chain
From the farms where food is grown for people and pets to the veterinary clinics where our pets are cared for, Mars is taking immediate action to reduce GHG emissions across its businesses to help build a better, more sustainable future for all.
- United for sustainable agriculture: BASF hosts roundtable discussion with farmers on cotton at the United Nations headquarters
While sustainable farming sounds new, the principles are not. Farmers across cotton-producing regions in the United States and Europe have leveraged these practices to help reduce soil erosion and improve soil health, while reducing excess nitrogen use.
- Optera Secures $12M to Help Companies Prepare for New SEC Climate Disclosure Requirements
Optera delivers carbon management software that enables companies to reduce the climate impacts of their operations, supply chains, and products.
- American Public University System’s Supernova Search Group Receives NASA Grant to Conduct Research on Plants in Outer Space
The Supernova Search Group deduced that future human settlements on the Moon and Mars will need to find ways to grow plants in soil environments (known as regolith) that have no organic material and do not typically support plant growth. The research seeks to identify sustainable solutions to help support astronauts on prolonged missions using algae-based systems.
Read more of the latest environment-related releases from PR Newswire and stay caught up on the top press releases by following @PRNenv on Twitter.
Helping Journalists Stay Up to Date on Industry News
These are just a few of the recent press releases that consumers and the media should know about. To be notified of releases relevant to their coverage area, journalists can set up a custom newsfeed with PR Newswire for Journalists.
Once they’re signed up, reporters, bloggers and freelancers have access to the following free features:
- Customization: Create a customized newsfeed that will deliver relevant news right to your inbox. Customize the newsfeed by keywords, industry, subject, geography, and more.
- Photos and Videos: Thousands of multimedia assets are available to download and include with your next story.
- Subject Matter Experts: Access ProfNet, a database of industry experts to connect with as sources or for quotes in your articles.
- Related Resources: Read and subscribe to our journalist- and blogger-focused blog, Beyond Bylines, for media news roundups, writing tips, upcoming events, and more.
About PR Newswire and PR Newswire for Journalists
For more than 65 years, PR Newswire has been the industry leader with the largest, most comprehensive distribution network of print, radio, magazine, television stations, financial portals and trade publications. PR Newswire has an unparalleled global reach of more than 200,000 publications and 10,000 websites and is available in more than 170 countries and 40 languages.
PR Newswire for Journalists (PRNJ) is an exclusive community that includes over 20,000 journalists, bloggers and influencers who are logging into their PRNJ accounts specifically looking for story ideas. PR Newswire thoroughly researches and vets this community to verify their identity as a member of the press, blogger or influencer. PRNJ users cover more than 200 beats and verticals.
For questions, contact the team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/this-week-in-environment-news-11-stories-you-need-to-see-301928541.html
SOURCE PR Newswire® ™
The content is by PR Newswire. Headlines of Today Media is not responsible for the content provided or any links related to this content. Headlines of Today Media is not responsible for the correctness, topicality or the quality of the content.