A roundup of the week’s most newsworthy consumer and retail industry press releases from PR Newswire, including King’s Hawaiian’s partnership with the Manning brothers and the hottest toys of 2023.
NEW YORK, Sept. 15, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — With thousands of press releases published each week, it can be difficult to keep up with everything on PR Newswire. To help journalists covering the consumer and retail industries stay on top of the week’s most newsworthy and popular releases, here’s a roundup of stories from the week that shouldn’t be missed.
The list below includes the headline (with a link to the full text) and an excerpt from each story. Click on the press release headlines to access accompanying multimedia assets that are available for download.
- The J. M. Smucker Co. to Acquire Hostess Brands to Accelerate Focus on Convenient Consumer Occasions
“With this acquisition, we are adding an iconic sweet snacking platform; enhancing our ability to deliver brands consumers love and convenient solutions they desire; and leveraging the attributes Hostess Brands offers, including its strong convenience store distribution and leading innovation pipeline,” said Mark Smucker, Chair of the Board, President and Chief Executive Officer.
- King’s Hawaiian Partners with Eli and Peyton Manning to Make Slider Sunday a Touchdown in New Campaign
“The versatility of their sliders means whether it’s tailgating during football season, enjoying a backyard barbeque or really just ending any weekend on a high note, we’re covered with King’s Hawaiian,” Peyton Manning added. “We’ve enjoyed working with their great team and look forward to more great moments to come.”
- Rita Ora x Primark: From loyal customer to global brand partner – Primark joins forces with Rita Ora for new fashion collaboration
Underpinned by a vision of ‘versatility for everyone’, it offers customers a piece of her unique style across knitwear, denim, tailoring, casualwear and outerwear, plus accessories and shoes. It will span a ‘day to night’ theme, reflecting many of Rita’s favorite looks.
- The Toy Insider Experts Reveal the Hottest Toys of 2023, Launch Perfect Present Wizard for Stress-Free Holiday Shopping
This year’s hottest toys appear on one of three featured lists: the Hot 20, toys topping every kid’s wish list; the STEM 10, toys boosting STEM skills; and the 12 Under $20, fun-filled and affordable toys.
- Kroger Debuts Limited Edition Private Selection® Harvest Apple Products
Boasting 14 unique items packed with fall flavors, Private Selection’s® limited edition Harvest Apple products are the perfect way to ring in sweater-weather. Products include Spiced Apple Pie Seasoned Pretzels, Spiced Apple Cocktail Mixer, Spiced Apple Pancake Mix, and more.
- Staining Rugs, Getting Stuck and Can’t Learn: iRobot Solves Rival Robot Pitfalls with New Roomba Models Featuring iRobot OS Intelligence
“iRobot understands that customers need to trust a robot will deliver on the promise of automated cleaning. If a robot is continually getting stuck, losing its way, smearing carpeted surfaces with wet mop pads and so on, then a customer’s trust in that product breaks down,” said Colin Angle, chairman and CEO at iRobot.
- Kellogg Company Board of Directors Approves Separation into Two Companies, Kellanova and WK Kellogg Co
Upon completion of the separation on October 2, 2023, Kellogg Company will be renamed Kellanova, and will continue to trade on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol “K”, while WK Kellogg Co is expected to begin trading on the NYSE under the ticker symbol “KLG.”
- MARS Partners with NFL on First Ever SNICKERS® Luck Shop
To help underprepared fans, today, the brand launched the SNICKERS Luck Shop – a first-of-its kind online store that will drop lucky items and gear from SNICKERS NFL team partners throughout the season.
- It’s Fall Y’all: Usher in Autumn with 7-Eleven’s New Seasonal Bites
“From pumpkin to cinnamon, we’ve got all your favorite fall flavors covered to pair with your favorite craveable beverage,” said Dennis Phelps, 7-Eleven’s Senior Vice President, Merchandising (Vault & Proprietary Beverages).
- Merrell® and Jeep® Brand Release Special Edition Hiking Boot, Collaboration to Preview at NAIAS
The limited-run “Merrell Moab 3 Mid x Jeep” brand boot will be available for purchase on Monday, Oct. 16, 2023, in eight countries in both men’s and women’s sizes. To sign up for launch notifications, visit merrell.com/jeep.
- Target Teams Up with Fashion-Meets-Philanthropy Lifestyle Brand Kendra Scott for Long-Term Strategic Partnership to Bring Joy to More Families and Communities
The collection offers newly designed products at affordable prices – with prices starting at $15 and the majority of items under $40 – and creates a new way for Kendra Scott fans to engage with their favorite jewelry brand.
Read more of the latest consumer-related releases from PR Newswire and stay caught up on the top press releases by following @PRNcnsmr, @prnfood, @prnbeauty, and @prnfashion on Twitter.
Helping Journalists Stay Up to Date on Industry News
These are just a few of the recent press releases that consumers and the media should know about. To be notified of releases relevant to their coverage area, journalists can set up a custom newsfeed with PR Newswire for Journalists.
Once they’re signed up, reporters, bloggers and freelancers have access to the following free features:
- Customization: Create a customized newsfeed that will deliver relevant news right to your inbox. Customize the newsfeed by keywords, industry, subject, geography, and more.
- Photos and Videos: Thousands of multimedia assets are available to download and include with your next story.
- Subject Matter Experts: Access ProfNet, a database of industry experts to connect with as sources or for quotes in your articles.
- Related Resources: Read and subscribe to our journalist- and blogger-focused blog, Beyond Bylines, for media news roundups, writing tips, upcoming events, and more.
About PR Newswire and PR Newswire for Journalists
For more than 65 years, PR Newswire has been the industry leader with the largest, most comprehensive distribution network of print, radio, magazine, television stations, financial portals and trade publications. PR Newswire has an unparalleled global reach of more than 200,000 publications and 10,000 websites and is available in more than 170 countries and 40 languages.
PR Newswire for Journalists (PRNJ) is an exclusive community that includes over 20,000 journalists, bloggers and influencers who are logging into their PRNJ accounts specifically looking for story ideas. PR Newswire thoroughly researches and vets this community to verify their identity as a member of the press, blogger or influencer. PRNJ users cover more than 200 beats and verticals.
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/this-week-in-consumer-news-11-stories-you-need-to-see-301928579.html
SOURCE PR Newswire® ™
The content is by PR Newswire. Headlines of Today Media is not responsible for the content provided or any links related to this content. Headlines of Today Media is not responsible for the correctness, topicality or the quality of the content.