The Worldwide EMS and ODM Industry is Expected to Reach $958.6 Billion by 2026 – ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The “EMS and ODM – Global Market Trajectory & Analytics” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
Amid the COVID-19 crisis, the global market for EMS and ODM estimated at US$588.7 Billion in the year 2020, is projected to reach a revised size of US$958.6 Billion by 2026, growing at a CAGR of 8.5% over the analysis period.
EMS, one of the segments analyzed in the report, is projected to grow at a 9% CAGR to reach US$759.8 Billion by the end of the analysis period. After a thorough analysis of the business implications of the pandemic and its induced economic crisis, growth in the ODM segment is readjusted to a revised 7.5% CAGR for the next 7-year period. This segment currently accounts for a 29.2% share of the global EMS and ODM market.
The EMS model is gaining momentum supported by the ability of contract manufacturers to offer production-related economies of scale, procurement of raw materials, industrial design expertise, and resource pooling, in addition to providing value added services such as repairs and warranty. The ODM segment has gained popularity in mobile phones and personal computers sector, mainly due to increasing commoditization.
The U.S. Market is Estimated at $58.5 Billion in 2021, While China is Forecast to Reach $366.7 Billion by 2026
The EMS and ODM market in the U.S. is estimated at US$58.5 Billion in the year 2021. The country currently accounts for a 9.3% share in the global market. China, the world’s second largest economy, is forecast to reach an estimated market size of US$366.7 Billion in the year 2026 trailing a CAGR of 9.5% through the analysis period.
Among the other noteworthy geographic markets are Japan and Canada, each forecast to grow at 6% and 7.6% respectively over the analysis period. Within Europe, Germany is forecast to grow at approximately 6.3% CAGR while Rest of European market (as defined in the study) will reach US$402.1 Billion by the end of the analysis period.
Asia Pacific represents a key market and growth is being driven by the labor-intensive economies in the region. China, with availability of raw material in abundance and low-cost labor, leads Asia Pacific’s electronic contract manufacturing services market. North America’s EMS market growth would be driven by the presence of a large number of medical institutions and extensive research and development activities in the region.
Select Competitors (Total 242 Featured):
- Compal Electronics, Inc.
- Flex Ltd.
- Hon Hai Precision Industry Co. Ltd. (Foxconn)
- Inventec Corporation
- Jabil Inc.
- New Kinpo Group
- Pegatron Corporation
- Quanta Computer, Inc.
- Sanmina Corporation
- Shenzhen Kaifa Technology Co., Ltd.
- UMC Electronics Co., Ltd.
- Universal Scientific Industrial (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.
- Venture Corporation Limited
- Wistron Corporation
- Zollner Elektronik AG
Key Topics Covered:
II. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
1. MARKET OVERVIEW
- Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic and Looming Global Recession
- 2020 Marked as a Year of Disruption & Transformation
- As the Race between the Virus & Vaccines Intensifies, Where is the World Economy Headed in 2021
- Pandemic Causes Significant Disruption to Electrical & Electronics Equipment Market
- An Introduction to EMS and ODM Services
- Electronic Manufacturing Services (EMS)
- Original Design Manufacturing (ODM)
- Major End-Use Markets
- Global Market Prospects & Outlook
- Recent Market Activity
2. FOCUS ON SELECT PLAYERS
3. MARKET TRENDS & DRIVERS
- Consistent Demand for Consumer Electronics to Continue Presenting Opportunities for the EMS & ODM Market
- Surging Sales of Mobile Devices: A Promising Growth Sector for the Market
- Rising Importance of Healthcare Electronics to Fuel Market Growth
- Medical Electronic Manufacturing Services Providers Witness Increased Opportunities
- Growth in Vehicle Electronification and Rise in Demand for Automotive Electronics, Driving EMS and ODM Market
- Recovery in Car Sales to Shore Up Demand for Auto Electronic Components, Presenting Opportunities for EMS Market
- Amidst Climate Change Concerns, the Inevitable Shift Towards Electric Vehicles Enhances Importance of EMS Companies
- Boom in Connected and Autonomous Vehicles Presents Opportunities for EMS Market
- Shift towards Industry 4.0 Drives Need for Changes in Operations of EMS Companies
- Expanding IoT Ecosystem Creates Growth Opportunities for EMS and ODM Market
- Rising Penetration of Big Data Analytics in EMS Industry
- Emerging Technologies Revolutionize EMS and ODM Market
- AI and ML for Electronics Manufacturing Supply Chain
- Impact of Major Technological Trends on the EMS and ODM Market
- Notable Trends in the Global EMS Market
- Significant EMS Adoption in Electronics Design and Engineering Services Space
- Telecom Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS) Market: An Overview
- Key Challenges Facing EMS and ODM Market
4. GLOBAL MARKET PERSPECTIVE
III. MARKET ANALYSIS
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/i848d7
The content is by Business Wire. Headlines of Today Media is not responsible for the content provided or any links related to this content. Headlines of Today Media is not responsible for the correctness, topicality or the quality of the content.