DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The “Power Transmission and Distribution Equipment – Global Market Trajectory & Analytics” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
Global Power Transmission and Distribution Equipment Market to Reach $312.8 Billion by 2026
Amid the COVID-19 crisis, the global market for Power Transmission and Distribution Equipment estimated at US$257.5 Billion in the year 2022, is projected to reach a revised size of US$312.8 Billion by 2026, growing at a CAGR of 4.8% over the analysis period. Wire & Cable, one of the segments analyzed in the report, is projected to grow at a 4.7% CAGR to reach US$117.7 Billion by the end of the analysis period.
After a thorough analysis of the business implications of the pandemic and its induced economic crisis, growth in the Switchgear segment is readjusted to a revised 5.3% CAGR for the next 7-year period. This segment currently accounts for a 25% share of the global Power Transmission and Distribution Equipment market.
The U.S. Market is Estimated at $68.2 Billion in 2022, While China is Forecast to Reach $63.7 Billion by 2026
Transformers can be either integrated in compact substations or free-standing; pad, platform, ground, pole-mounted, and should exhibit high performance thermally, magnetically and electrically. Transformers need to be designed in such a way that they are easy to handle, install, lift, and transport. The Power Transmission and Distribution Equipment market in the U.S. is estimated at US$68.2 Billion in the year 2022. The country currently accounts for a 26.99% share in the global market.
China, the world’s second largest economy, is forecast to reach an estimated market size of US$63.7 Billion in the year 2026 trailing a CAGR of 7.7% through the analysis period. Among the other noteworthy geographic markets are Japan and Canada, each forecast to grow at 2.7% and 3.8% respectively over the analysis period. Within Europe, Germany is forecast to grow at approximately 3.4% CAGR while Rest of European market (as defined in the study) will reach US$74.6 Billion by the end of the analysis period.
Major developments occurring in power transmission and distribution (T&D) systems across the world include electrification of transportation and heating for long term reduction of carbon emissions; decentralization through distributed generation, storage, and demand response; and digitization through the integration of smart sensor, smart meters, connected devices, Internet of Things (IoT), and other digital network technology systems and solutions.
Select Competitors (Total 192 Featured):
- ABB Ltd.
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL)
- CG Power and Industrial Solutions Limited
- DAIHEN Corporation
- Eaton Corporation PLC
- GE Grid Solutions
- Hammond Power Solutions, Inc.
- Hubbell Inc.
- Hyosung Power & Industrial Systems Performance Group
- Hyundai Electric & Energy Systems Co., Ltd.
- Imefy Group
- JiangSu HuaPeng Transformer Co., Ltd.
- KONCAR – Electrical Industry Inc.
- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
- Schneider Electric SE
- SGB-SMIT GmbH
- Shihlin Electric & Engineering Corporation
- Siemens AG
- Wilson Power Solutions Ltd.
Key Topics Covered:
II. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
1. MARKET OVERVIEW
2. FOCUS ON SELECT PLAYERS
3. MARKET TRENDS & DRIVERS
- Growing Demand for New-Age Power Transformers Offering Greater Reliability, Efficiency, Resilience, and Durability Drive Healthy Market Growth
- Future for Gas-Insulated Transformers Appears Bright
- IEC Standards for Gas-Insulated Transformers
- Powerformer: A Superior Replacement for Step-Up Transformer
- Innovative On-load Tap Changers (OLTCs) Improves Reliability and Safety
- Global T&D Vision of Increasing Renewable Energy in Power Systems Benefit Market Prospects for T&D Equipment
- Rising Utility Investments in Power T&D Infrastructure for Transitioning to the Smart Grid Standard Drive Market Adoption
- Power Infrastructure to Experience Considerable Transformation Driven by Technology Innovations
- Distribution Transformers with On-Load Tap Changers to Play Critical Role in Smart Grids
- Microgrids: Critically Important in Fulfilling Domestic Demand, Improving Reliability, and Enabling Local Control
- Smart Power Distribution Gains Momentum
- Myriad Benefits and Superior Attributes over Traditional Transformers Drive Strong Demand for Smart Transformers
- Smart Transformers for Smarter Power Transmission and Distribution
- Growing Need to Curtail Energy Loss and Achieve Energy Savings Drive Demand for Distribution Transformers
- Huge Savings Potential of Higher Efficiency Distribution Transformers
- Efforts for Making Energy Performance of Distribution Transformers More Visible
- Universal Adoption of MEPS Needed for More Savings
- Economic Incentives Encourage Distribution Networks to Adopt Higher Efficiency Transformers
- Public Policies Concerning Transformers at the Product, Utility and Market Levels
- Switchgears: The Dominant Product Category Continue to Witness Growing Demand
- Technological Breakthroughs Support Switchgears Growth
- Upgrade of Obsolete Systems to Spur Demand for Switchgears
- Switchgear Equipment to Benefit from Recovery in Residential and Commercial Construction
- Percentage Contribution to Growth in Global Construction Output by Major Countries over the Period 2010-2022
- Energy Storage Set to Disrupt Investments in Transmission and Distribution Infrastructure
- Growing Threat of Global Warming Stokes Demand for Green Distribution Transformers
- Domestic Targets for Greenhouse Gas Emissions of Select Regions/Countries
- Green Transformer Program Supports Environmental Protection
- Transformers Going Green, Ester Used for Insulation Purposes
- Natural Ester Fluid-Based Amorphous Transformers
- Exponential Increase in Global Population & Urbanization Rate: A Mega Trend Favoring Market Expansion
- New Infrastructure, Upgrade, and Expansion Projects in Developing Countries Offer Immense Growth Potential
- Rural Electrification Drive in Developing Countries Promote Growth
- Aging Power T&D Infrastructure Underscores Need for Replacement and Upgrades in Developed Markets
- Stabilizing Regulatory Environment Augurs Well for the Market
4. GLOBAL MARKET PERSPECTIVE
III. MARKET ANALYSIS
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/u31e5t
The content is by Business Wire. Headlines of Today Media is not responsible for the content provided or any links related to this content. Headlines of Today Media is not responsible for the correctness, topicality or the quality of the content.