SINGAPORE, June 30, 2021 /PRNewswire/ — MoEngage, the leading consumer engagement platform, announces today the findings from its 2021 Southeast Asia Consumer Engagement Benchmark Report. The report comprises data from 6.6 million users across Southeast Asia, primarily from Indonesia, Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam and drills down into key trends and opportunities in the region.
In this report, MoEngage analyzes consumer behavior specifically across three dominant industry sectors – retail, banking and finance, and digital entertainment. Looking at how consumers have engaged with and responded to various communications channels, this report presents benchmarks, strategies and tactics to help marketers scale personalized customer engagement.
From January to April 2021, MoEngage looked at four communications channels across the three named sectors: push notifications, email, in-app messages and website messages. Notable findings include:
- In Southeast Asia, Daily Active Users (DAUs) of eCommerce, Retail and D2C brands increased by 13.36% in the first four months of 2021. When studying the Monthly Active User (MAU) trends of the same brands, web MAUs had increased the highest (by 8.7%) compared to mobile. This is likely due to pandemic movement restrictions and shoppers working from home, as opposed to shopping via mobile on the go
- Push notifications using behavioral attributes with an added layer of personalization from shopping brands saw deliverability of up to 85.67% and campaign conversions increased to over 27%
- A meteoric increase of 54.9% in the number of DAUs across all digital banking, fintech, P2P lending, insurance and crypto platforms during the first four months of 2021
- Behavior-based emails saw better click-through rates and conversion across all industries as compared to the generic ones: open rates of emails from shopping brands went up to 28.17% and the 0.5% of emails that were behavior-based in the digital entertainment sector saw a 2.4x better click rate, while in banking, behavior-based emails boosted conversions by 2.72x compared to generic broadcasts
- Digital media and entertainment brands using custom user segments based on behavioral and user attributes to send in-app messages to Android users saw a 2x increase in click through rates and conversion rate of up to 50.05% as compared to sending the same message to all users
Overall, the findings demonstrate the importance of closely analyzing consumer behavior across every critical channel and developing both proactive and reactive outreach in association with these insights. Laser-focus on this establishes customer-centricity, ensuring that brands meet and exceed the expectations of their customers and boost long-term loyalty and repeat business.
“MoEngage is committed to helping our clients improve business performance through effective use of data, and well as supporting the success of the entire digital marketing and advertising ecosystem as a whole by sharing our insights with the community,” said Saurabh Madan, GM, SEA & A/NZ at MoEngage. “Consumer behavior in Southeast Asia has changed rapidly over the last year, and digital adoption across industries has accelerated during the pandemic period. We’re pleased to provide organizations globally with a holistic view of how their current and prospective customers are behaving and guide them through their insights-led customer engagement and business growth journey.”
The data analyzed for the MoEngage Southeast Asia Consumer Engagement Benchmark Report 2021 is completely proprietary and comes from the millions of users in Southeast Asia engaged by organizations using the MoEngage platform. In addition to the findings from the data, the report also includes insights and actionable tips from leading brands including Zilingo, Kredivo, Homecredit Philippines, Marks & Spencer, OVO and more. The full report can be found HERE.
MoEngage is an insights-led engagement platform built for customer-obsessed marketers and product owners, enabling hyper-personalization at scale across multiple channels. With AI-powered automation and optimization, brands can analyze audience behavior and engage consumers at every point of their purchasing journey. Over 1,000 brands such as CIMB bank, JD.ID, Telecom Malaysia, Blibli, Alodokter, Bigbasket, Flipkart, McAfee, Deutsche telecom and more across 35 countries use MoEngage to send 50 billion messages to 500 million consumers every month. MoEngage has been recognized as a leader in its space by Gartner, Forrester and G2. With offices in nine countries, MoEngage is backed by investors including Eight Roads, F-Prime Capital, Matrix Partners, Helion Ventures, Exfinity Ventures and Venture East. To learn more, visit www.moengage.com.
The content is by PR Newswire. Headlines of Today Media is not responsible for the content provided or any links related to this content. Headlines of Today Media is not responsible for the correctness, topicality or the quality of the content.