SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 8, 2021 /PRNewswire/ — The global micro computed tomography market size is expected to reach USD 327.7 million by 2028, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 7.9% from 2021 to 2028. A growing number of applications and a significant demand for technologically advanced three-dimensional imaging technologies are driving the market for micro computed tomography (CT). In addition, the increasing use of micro-CT in research is expected to boost the market growth.
Key Insights & Findings:
- By product, the ex-vivo micro CT segment dominated the market in 2020 and is further expected to continue its dominance throughout the forecast period
- In terms of application, the life sciences segment held the largest revenue share in 2020 owing to the high-resolution structural imaging and nanomechanical measurements provided by the micro-CT
- The dentistry segment is expected to experience the fastest growth rate during the forecast period since micro-CT has a wide range of applications in dentistry, from dental research to treatment
- North America dominated the market for micro-CT and accounted for the largest revenue share in 2020
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to witness the fastest CAGR of around 8.8% over the forecast period due to the presence of untapped opportunities in the emerging economies in China and India
Read 142 page market research report, “Micro Computed Tomography Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (In-vivo, Ex-vivo), By Application (Life Science, Bones, Dentistry, Plants & Food), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2021 – 2028“, by Grand View Research
Micro-CT can be used to examine the internal structure of both material and biological materials without cutting them and preserving the samples or specimens for future research. Micro-CT scanning’s unique properties enable scientists to examine a sample’s morphology Micro-CT is used to research bone, teeth, tissue/organs, animal anatomy, plants, food, composite materials, medical devices, batteries, and other areas. Both in vivo and ex vivo scanning modes are available with these scanners.
Technological developments are likely to contribute to market expansion, such as faster performance, high resolution, and reduce time and labor. For instance, In February 2019, the new SKYSCANTM 1273 benchtop 3D X-ray microscope was introduced by Bruker. The SKYSCAN 1273 establishes a new benchmark for benchtop non-destructive testing (NDT), delivering performance previously only available from floor-standing devices. Furthermore, EUREKA-funded project Xamflow has developed a new software tool that makes micro-CT examinations more efficient and less labor-intensive than before.
Micro-CT imaging is bringing up endless opportunities in a variety of fields. During the forecast period, the increased demand for micro-CT in research and development activities is expected to enhance product demand. However, this system is heavily reliant on complicated computer hardware and software, and it may have frequent technical failures, demanding ongoing personnel training, which may limit the market’s growth.
Grand View Research has segmented the global micro computed tomography market based on product, application, and region:
- Micro Computed Tomography Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2028)
- Micro Computed Tomography Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2028)
- Life Sciences
- Plants and Food
- Material Science
- Geology/Oil and Gas Geology
- Micro Computed Tomography Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2028)
- North America
- Sweden `
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
List of Key Players of Micro Computed Tomography (CT) Market
- Bruker Corporation
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Sanying Precision Instruments Co.Ltd
- North Star Imaging Inc
- SCANCO Medical AG
Check out more studies related to computed tomography, conducted by Grand View Research:
- Computed Tomography Market – The global computed tomography (CT) market size was valued at USD 5.53 million in 2018 and is projected to expand at a CAGR of 6.5% by 2026. Growing prevalence of various lifestyles associated with chronic diseases such as cancer and cardiovascular conditions and increasing demand for advanced imaging solutions are some of the factors expected to drive the overall market growth.
- Cone Beam Computed Tomography Market – The global cone beam computed tomography market size was valued at USD 386.4 million in 2020 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 12.2% from 2021 to 2028. Cone beam computed tomography (CBCT) digital technology has dramatically impacted the practice of dental surgeries.
- Industrial Computed Tomography Market – The global industrial computed tomography market size was valued at USD 441.43 million in 2020 and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.5% from 2021 to 2028. The increasing use of additive manufacturing techniques in the production processes across industries, such as automotive, aerospace, defense, and electronics among others, has contributed to the market growth.
Browse through Grand View Research’s coverage of the Global Medical Imaging Industry
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
The content is by PR Newswire. Headlines of Today Media is not responsible for the content provided or any links related to this content. Headlines of Today Media is not responsible for the correctness, topicality or the quality of the content.