Japanese Construction Market Size, Trends and Forecasts 2022-2026: Growth of 3.2% Forecast in 2022 – ResearchAndMarkets.com
The Japanese construction industry is forecast to grow by 3.2% in 2022, after expanding by an estimated 4% in 2021. Over the remainder of the forecast period, the industry is expected to record an annual average growth of 0.8% between 2023 and 2026, supported by investments in the renewable energy, telecommunication and manufacturing sectors.
According to the Statistics Bureau, the total value of contracts received for construction grew by 3.9% year on year (YoY) in the first 10 months of 2021. In terms of segmentation, the total value of contracts for buildings grew by 6%, while that of civil engineering works grew by 2.9% during the same period.
The government plans to develop 10GW of offshore wind capacity by Fiscal Year (FY) 2030/2031, in line with its target to increase the share of renewable energy in its total power mix to 36-38% by 2030; this will attract public and private sector investment towards renewable energy construction projects. Construction output will be supported by strong demand for Japanese exports, and works supported by the record JPY55.7 trillion ($490 billion) fiscal stimulus package secured by PM Fumio Kishida, Yoshihide Suga’s successor as the head of the LDP. Growth will be further supported by the JPY774 billion ($6.8 billion) of government investment for Japan’s semiconductor industry, with the government prioritizing the development of domestic manufacturing capacity of next-generation semiconductors.
This report provides detailed market analysis, information and insights into Japan’s construction industry, including:
- Japan’s construction industry’s growth prospects by market, project type and construction activity
- Critical insight into the impact of industry trends and issues, as well as an analysis of key risks and opportunities in Japan’s construction industry
- Analysis of the mega-project pipeline, focusing on development stages and participants, in addition to listings of major projects in the pipeline
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the construction industry in Japan. It provides:
- Historical (2017-2021) and forecast (2022-2026) valuations of the construction industry in Japan, featuring details of key growth drivers
- Segmentation by sector (commercial, industrial, infrastructure, energy and utilities, institutional and residential) and by sub-sector
- Analysis of the mega-project pipeline, including breakdowns by development stage across all sectors, and projected spending on projects in the existing pipeline
- Listings of major projects, in addition to details of leading contractors and consultants
Key Topics Covered:
1 Executive Summary
2 Construction Industry: At-A-Glance
3.1 Economic Performance
3.2 Political Environment and Policy
3.4 Covid-19 Status
3.5 Risk Profile
4 Construction Outlook
4.1 All Construction
4.2 Commercial Construction
4.3 Industrial Construction
4.4 Infrastructure Construction
4.5 Energy and Utilities Construction
4.6 Institutional Construction
4.7 Residential Construction
5 Key Industry Participants
6 Construction Market Data
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/8jde8a
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world’s leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
The content is by Business Wire. Headlines of Today Media is not responsible for the content provided or any links related to this content. Headlines of Today Media is not responsible for the correctness, topicality or the quality of the content.