Indian Textile and Apparel Market (2021 to 2026) – Players Include Welspun, Raymond and Bombay Dyeing Among Others – ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The “Indian Textile and Apparel Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The Indian textile and apparel market reached a value of US$ 133 Billion in 2020. Looking forward, the publisher expects the Indian textile and apparel market to grow at a CAGR of 13.80% during 2021-2026.
Textile is a term widely used for referring to woven fabrics, yarns and fibers made from jute, polyester, cotton, wool, etc. In India, the textile and apparel industry is one of the oldest industries that has witnessed numerous developments over the years. The modern textile industry, however, came into recognition in the early 19th Century with the establishment of the first textile mill in Calcutta. Today, the textile and apparel market has become a vital contributor to the Indian economy. This can be attributed to the abundant availability of raw materials used for manufacturing apparel such as cotton, silk, wool, etc. The Government is also making investments under the Scheme for Integrated Textile Parks and the Technology Upgradation Fund Scheme for training workforce and to encourage private investment in the Indian textile and apparel industry.
- Vardhman Group
- Alok Industries Limited
- Raymond Limited
- Bombay Dyeing
- Garden Silk Mills Limited
Indian Textile and Apparel Market Drivers:
- India represents the largest producer of jute and cotton, and the second largest producer of silk. Due to the high abundance of raw materials coupled by cheap labour costs, the cost of manufacturing textile and apparel is significantly lower than many other competing countries.
- India currently has one of the world’s largest young population. Currently around half of the total population is below 25 years of age. This age group represents one of the biggest consumer group of textiles and apparel and is expected to drive the spending over the next five years.
- Catalyzed by increasing penetration of the internet, online retailing has witnessed strong growth in the country. Consumers are now looking for ease of shopping, multiple options, better offers and easy return policies. The growth in online sales have enabled the textile industry to reach consumers residing across every corner of the nation.
- Due to a change in buying habits, consumers are now shifting from need-based clothing to aspiration-based clothing. Contrary to previous years, where Indian consumers purchased fashion items as and when required, buying clothes has become more than a basic need; it is now a reflection of aspiration, personality, and a status symbol. Though basic textiles continue to represent a part of the consumer’s basket, the demand for aspirational clothing has increased significantly in recent years.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the Indian textile and apparel market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key states in the Indian textile and apparel market?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the Indian textile and apparel market?
- Which are the popular product types in the Indian textile and apparel market?
- What are the various application segments in the Indian textile and apparel market?
- What are the major raw materials in the Indian textile and apparel market?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the Indian textile and apparel market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the Indian textile and apparel market?
- What is the structure of the Indian textile and apparel market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the Indian textile and apparel market?
Key Topics Covered:
2 Scope and Methodology
3 Executive Summary
4.2 Key Industry Trends
5 Global Textiles and Apparels Market
5.1 Market Overview
5.2 Market Performance
5.3 Market Breakup by Product Type
5.4 Market Breakup by Application
5.5 Market Breakup by Raw Material
5.6 Market Breakup by Region
5.7 Market Forecast
6 India Textiles and Apparels Market
6.1 Market Overview
6.2 Market Performance
6.3 Impact of COVID-19
6.4 Price Trends
6.4.1 Key Price Indicators
6.4.2 Current and Historical Price Trends
6.5 Market Breakup by States
6.6 Market Breakup by Raw Material
6.7 Market Breakup by Product Type
6.8 Market Breakup by Application
6.9 Market Forecast
6.10 SWOT Analysis
6.11 Value Chain Analysis
6.12 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
6.13 Government Initiatives
6.14 Key Success and Risk Factors
7 Market Breakup by States
8 Market Breakup by Raw Material
9 Market Breakup by Application
10 Market Breakup by Product Type
11 Competitive Landscape
11.1 Market Structure
11.2 Key Players
12 Textiles and Apparels Manufacturing Process
12.1 Product Overview
12.2 Detailed Process flow
12.3 Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
12.4 Raw Material Requirements
13 Profile of Key Players
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/hhijwn
The content is by Business Wire. Headlines of Today Media is not responsible for the content provided or any links related to this content. Headlines of Today Media is not responsible for the correctness, topicality or the quality of the content.