DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The “India Construction Industry Databook Series – Market Size & Forecast (2016 – 2025) by Value and Volume (Area and Units) across 40+ Market Segments in Residential, Commercial, Industrial, Institutional and Infrastructure Construction – Q1 2021 Update” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
According to this Q4 2020 Global Construction Survey, construction industry in India is expected to grow by 15.8% to reach US$ 541543.9 million in 2021. Despite near-term challenges in certain construction sectors, medium to long term growth story in India remains intact. The construction industry in India is expected to grow steadily over the next four quarters. The growth momentum is expected to continue over the forecast period, recording a CAGR of 11.7% during 2021-2025. The construction output in the country is expected to reach US$ 842535.2 million by 2025.
With COVID-19 weighing heavily on consumer sentiment and economic activities in India, the pandemic-driven lockdown impacted the construction industry in a significant way in 2020. Driven by the coronavirus outbreak, the construction industry in India suffered an unprecedented contraction of over 46% in the second quarter, ended on June 30, 2020 before rebounding in third and fourth quarter.
However, with the Indian government planning to undertake several major construction projects and infusing liquidity in the sector, the industry is expected to post a sharp recovery over the forecast period. This growth in the construction sector is also in sync with the overall economic growth over the next 12 months.
While the construction industry experienced an unprecedented contraction in the wake of the coronavirus outbreak, the sector is expected to return to a full-fledged and robust recovery in 2021. With increased government spending and investment from private companies, the outlook for the construction sector remains positive in 2021.
With both the state and central government pumping liquidity in the residential sector, the outlook remains positive for 2021. The Indian government recently announced the Affordable Rental Housing Scheme (AHRC) scheme to provide affordable rental accommodation to migrant workers. This along with the Maha Awas Yojana – a new rural housing project – launched by Maharashtra Chief Minister, is expected to support the growth of the residential construction sector in India. In addition to the central and state government, private companies are also planning to infuse money into the residential sector.
Demand in commercial construction is expected to remain subdued in near term with full recovery taking longer than expected. Private developers from all parts of the country have become bullish about the growth prospect of the construction industry.
The National Infrastructure Plan backed by the Indian government will support the growth of infrastructure construction in India. For instance, the Government of India has approved the construction of the Haryana Rail Corridor from Palwal to Sonipat, spreading over the length of 121.7 kilometers.
Moreover, in 2020, the National Authority of India has already awarded road contracts worth INR 2 trillion. This will boost the growth of the infrastructure construction market in the country.
The industrial construction market in the country is likely to benefit from the global shifting of supply lines from China to India. Toyota-Tsusho and Sumida, Japanese companies have already entered into partnerships to shift their manufacturing bases from China to India. Moreover, as many as 24 companies are planning to shift mobile phone factories from China to India, including assembling partners of Samsung Electronics and Apple.
This report provides data and trend analyses on construction industry in India, with over 100 KPIs. This is a data-centric report and it provides trend analyses with over 140+ charts and 110+ tables. It details market size & forecast, emerging trends, market opportunities, and investment risks in over 40 segments in residential, commercial, industrial, institutional, and infrastructure construction sectors.
Reasons to Buy
- In-depth Understanding of Construction Market Dynamics: Understand market opportunity, industry dynamics, key trends and drivers across 40+ market segments and sub-segments of building and infrastructure construction industry in India.
- Volume and Value Data: Get detailed understanding of the market both from value and volume (both by activity and units) perspective for historical as well as forecast period
- Develop Market Specific Strategies: Identify growth segments and target specific opportunities to formulate your strategy; assess market specific key trends, drivers and risks in construction industry.
- City Level Insights: Get city level trend analyses by tier-1, tier-2, and tier-3 cities.
Key Topics Covered:
- About this Report
- India Construction Industry Dynamics and Growth Prospects
- India Residential Construction Industry Market Size and Forecast
- Analysis by Residential Construction Markets Outlook by Construction type
- Analysis by Residential Construction Markets Outlook by Key Cities
- Analysis by Residential Construction Markets Outlook by Price Point
- India Commercial Construction Industry Market Size and Forecast
- Office Building Construction Outlook
- Retail Building Construction Outlook
- Hospitality Building Construction Outlook
- Restaurant Building Construction Outlook
- Sports Facility Building Construction Outlook
- Other Commercial Building Construction Outlook
- India Institutional Construction Industry Market Size and Forecast
- Outlook and Growth Dynamics by Institutional Building Construction Sectors
- India Industrial Construction Industry Market Size and Forecast
- Outlook and Growth Dynamics by Industrial Building Construction Sectors
- Infrastructure Construction Outlook
- India Marine and Inland Water Infrastructure Construction Industry Market Size and Forecast
- India Utility System Infrastructure Construction Industry Market Size and Forecast
- India Transport Infrastructure Construction Industry Market Size and Forecast
- Further Reading
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/gnf6bg
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900