- 80 percent of small businesses rely on printing, yet 55 percent do not have time to manage the technology1
- HP Instant Ink now delivers toner to small businesses for multiple printers, multiple locations, on one bill
- New HP+ advanced features with Smart Admin Dashboard2 make printer management effortless
- New HP LaserJet Pro 3000 and 4000 series delivers fast, multi-functional, high-performance printing
- Security monitoring, proactive alerts and pre-configured features for advanced security
- HP Instant Ink has less packaging, fewer shipments and easy cartridge recycling3 with HP Planet Partners
- Forest First with HP+ supports protecting and restoring the world’s forests with every page printed
PALO ALTO, Calif., Aug. 25, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Today at HP Amplify™ Executive Forum, HP Inc’s (NYSE: HPQ) annual partner roadshow, the company introduced HP Instant Ink for small business and the new LaserJet Pro with HP+ designed to simplify technology management for small business owners. With a single Instant Ink account, small businesses automatically receive device-specific supplies (ink or toner) for multiple devices in multiple locations. Combined with advanced features on the new LaserJet Pro with HP+, an Instant Ink subscription can help small businesses save time and money, makes recycling cartridges easy, and protects and restores forests around the world.
“No one listens to the needs of small business and responds like HP. Entrepreneurs need printing to be effortless – from the set-up process to ordering supplies to monitoring security,” said Xavier Garcia, Global Head of Print Hardware Systems at HP. “HP Instant Ink for small business and the new LaserJet Pro with HP+, is an intuitive printing system requiring minimal management so that small business owners can dedicate their time and energy to growing their businesses.”
Responding to the Needs of Small Businesses
To navigate an increasingly challenging economy, and position themselves for long-term growth, small business owners need new processes, ways of working and technologies to boost their productivity. Over 80 percent of small businesses rely on printing to run their business, according to a survey of small business owners conducted with Morning Consult. Yet, 55 percent say they do not have time to manage the technology.
One small business owner surveyed said, “Managing printers is not a very efficient use of time or energy.” With a second business decision maker surveyed saying, “Everything is becoming more and more automated. Perhaps this could also be applied to printers. It would be nice if the machines could order ink and toner on their own.”
Survey respondents say they need a multi-functional printer that is simple to set up and effortless to manage, with automatic ink and toner cartridge reminders and the ability to pair seamlessly across multiple devices.
Key features and benefits of the HP Instant Ink for small business and the new LaserJet Pro with HP+ are:
- Enhanced Productivity
- Never run out of toner with HP Instant Ink subscription service for supplies4.
- HP LaserJet Pro detects when its low on toner and automatically delivers more directly to the right location, at the right time, and with consolidated billing5.
- Built for speed, the HP LaserJet Pro 4000 series delivers high quality prints at 42 pages per minute6, the HP LaserJet Pro 3000 series delivers high quality prints at 35 pages per minute7.
- HP Smart App8 and cloud integration enables printing from anywhere, high-volume scanning, and simplified document workflow for greater business print productivity, reliability, and security.
- LaserJet Pro with HP+ is ENERGY STAR®9 certified, uses HP Auto On/Off Technology10.
- Effortless Management
- Save time with the HP+ Smart Admin Dashboard designed for small businesses.
- Guided, cloud-based setup to remotely and easily configure and onboard printers11.
- Remote security with automated monitoring for multiple HP printers and locations.
- Seamlessly connect to printers from any device, anywhere on any network.
- Dedicated tech support backed by a two-year extended warranty.
- Advanced Security
- Peace of mind with 24/7 security monitoring with HP Wolf Pro Security, instantly embedded and preconfigured out of the box, including instant Smart Security alerts for potential security risks.
- Sustainable Impact
- In the US and Canada, HP ink and toner cartridges can be recycled through HP’s Planet Partners program, where available, supporting HP’s reuse and recycling process for reducing plastic waste and contributing to a circular economy.
- In the US, easily recycle ink and toner cartridges with return shipping and packaging included with every Instant Ink order12.
- HP’s LaserJet Pro with HP+ delivers Forest First printing, which means that for every page printed for the life of the printer, HP will contribute to the restoration, protection and responsible management of forests working with NGO partners like World Wildlife Fund
- HP also helps businesses advance their climate initiatives through certified carbon neutral printing13.
HP Instant Ink for small business and the LaserJet Pro 3000 and 4000 series with HP+ are available now in US, Canada and will be available later this year in Europe. For information on enrollment in HP Instant Ink and HP+, please visit https://www.hp.com/us-en/printers/hp-plus.html. To learn more about the HP LaserJet Pro series including additional models available in this series, please visit https://www.hp.com/us-en/printers/hp-plus-business.html..
HP Inc. is a technology company that believes one thoughtful idea has the power to change the world. Its product and service portfolio of personal systems, printers, and 3D printing solutions helps bring these ideas to life. Visit http://www.hp.com.
©Copyright 2022 HP Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at https://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/b1910a35-bc0e-4003-8432-8773f1b3abc1
1 HP commissioned global research firm Morning Consult to conduct independent research on this topic. It was conducted between March 15th – 16th, 2022 among a sample of n=500 Micro Business Owners (those with 50 employees or less) in the US and UK. The second research was conducted between May 26th and June 3rd, 2022, among a sample of n=250 Micro-Business Owners (those with 50 employees or less) within Canada.
2 Easy set up and manage – Requires use of Smart Admin Dashboard for printer setup and onboarding of users
3 Program availability varies. Original HP cartridge return, and recycling is currently available in more than sixty countries, territories and regions in Asia, Africa, Europe, and North and South America through the HP Planet Partners program. For details, see hp.com/recycle.
4 Never run out – Based on plan usage, Internet connection to eligible HP printer, valid credit/debit card, email address, and delivery service in your geographic area
5 Automatic delivery and consolidated bill- Printers require direct connection to the Internet for program participation. Internet access sold separately
6 Measured using ISO/IEC 24734 and excludes first set of test documents. For more information, see hp.com/go/printerclaims. Exact speed varies depending on the system configuration, software application, driver, and document complexity.
7 Measured using ISO/IEC 24734 and excludes first set of test documents. For more information, see hp.com/go/printerclaims. Exact speed varies depending on the system configuration, software application, driver, and document complexity.
8 Smart app (Smart Pro): Requires the HP Smart app download. For details on local printing requirements see www.hp.com/go/mobileprinting. Certain features/software
9 HP calculations based on ENERGY STAR® normalized TEC data comparing HP LaserJet 200-500 series printers at launch. See hp.com/ecosmart
10 HP Auto On/Off Technology capabilities subject to printer and settings; may require a firmware upgrade.
11 Easy set up and manage – Requires use of Smart Admin Dashboard for printer setup and onboarding of users
12 Compared to majority of competing in-class OEM ink & laser printer supply recycling programs. Criteria:size, reach, recycled & upcycled content, eco award/ranking. HP-commissioned Aug 2021 Keypoint Intelligence research report. Marketshare: IDC CQ1’21 Hardcopy Peripheral Tracker. Program availability varies. See hp.com/go/recycle & keypointintelligence.com/HPPlanetPartners
13 HP+ products have a CarbonNeutral Usage Certification from Climate Impact Partners hp.com/hp-plus-carbon-neutral. Usage covers electricity for the printer and life cycle emissions for the cartridge, but not manufacturing or distribution, or emissions associated with paper production. For more information see The CarbonNeutral Protocol from Climate Impact Partners.
The content is by Globe Newswire. Headlines of Today Media is not responsible for the content provided or any links related to this content. Headlines of Today Media is not responsible for the correctness, topicality or the quality of the content.