Global Wood Adhesives Market (2021 to 2026) – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact and Forecasts – ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The “Wood Adhesives Market – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 – 2026)” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The market for wood adhesives is expected to grow at a CAGR of about 4% globally during the forecast period.
- AICA Kogyo Co. Ltd
- Akzo Nobel NV
- Bostik (Arkema Group)
- H.B. Fuller Company
- Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
- Jubilant Industries Ltd
- Pidilite Industries Ltd
- Sika AG
Key Market Trends
Growing Demand due to Increasing Construction Activities
- Adhesive, also known as glue, mucilage, or paste, is any non-metallic substance applied to one or both surfaces of two separate items that bind them together and resists their separation. Wood adhesives are specially made to bind wooden substances.
- Based on the resin type wood adhesives are segmented into natural and synthetic types. Natural glues are obtained either from plant or animal bodies which have low binding capacity compared to synthetic adhesives.
- The growing construction activity is increasing the application of wood creating scope for wood adhesives.
- In Japan, more than 58.9% of houses are built in wood making it the world’s largest country in the construction of wooden houses increasing the application of wood adhesives.
- In glue-laminated beams (Glulam), the beams are structurally engineered and bonded together with moisture resistant adhesives. These are used as straight beams, columns which include lintels, purlins, ridge beams, and floor beams, tied rafters, trusses in construction of buildings where the application of wood adhesives in very high.
- Growing construction activity in countries such as China, Japan, United Kingdom, United States, Russia and India are expected to drive the market for wood adhesives over the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- The Asia-Pacific region is expected to dominate the market for wood adhesives during the forecast period. With the growing construction sector in countries, such as China, India, and Japan, the utilization of wood adhesives is increasing in the region.
- The largest producers of wood adhesives are located in Asia-Pacific. Some of the leading companies in the production of wood adhesives 3M, Sika AG, Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, Pidilite Industries Ltd, and Jubilant Industries.
- The Chinese government rolled out massive construction plans, including making provisions for 250 million people in its new megacities, over the next ten years, creating scope for application of wood adhesives in its construction activity over the coming years
- Apart from furniture, wood adhesives are also used in flooring & decks, plywood, cabinet, particleboard, windows & doors, and other applications as well.
- The aforementioned factors, coupled with government support, are contributing to the increasing demand for wood adhesives and is expected to grow during the forecast period.
Key Topics Covered:
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Increasing Demand from the Growing Construction Activity
4.1.2 Other Drivers
4.2.1 Volatility in the Price of Raw Materials
4.2.2 Other Restraints
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Resin Type
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Development of Eco-friendly Adhesives
7.2 Other Opportunities
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/ppyvj9
The content is by Business Wire. Headlines of Today Media is not responsible for the content provided or any links related to this content. Headlines of Today Media is not responsible for the correctness, topicality or the quality of the content.