Global Ultra-High Molecular Weight Polyethylene Market Trajectory & Analytics, 2022-2026 – ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The “Ultra-High Molecular Weight Polyethylene – Global Market Trajectory & Analytics” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
Global Ultra-High Molecular Weight Polyethylene Market to Reach $1.8 Billion by 2026
The global market for Ultra-High Molecular Weight Polyethylene estimated at US$1.2 Billion in the year 2020, is projected to reach a revised size of US$1.8 Billion by 2026, growing at a CAGR of 7.3% over the analysis period.
Sheets, one of the segments analyzed in the report, is projected to record a 7.7% CAGR and reach US$1.1 Billion by the end of the analysis period. After a thorough analysis of the business implications of the pandemic and its induced economic crisis, growth in the Rods & Tubes segment is readjusted to a revised 6.9% CAGR for the next 7-year period.
The U.S. Market is Estimated at $408.2 Million in 2021, While China is Forecast to Reach $189.4 Million by 2026
The Ultra-High Molecular Weight Polyethylene market in the U.S. is estimated at US$408.2 Million in the year 2021. China, the world`s second largest economy, is forecast to reach a projected market size of US$189.4 Million by the year 2026 trailing a CAGR of 8.3% over the analysis period.
Among the other noteworthy geographic markets are Japan and Canada, each forecast to grow at 6.8% and 6.7% respectively over the analysis period. Within Europe, Germany is forecast to grow at approximately 6.8% CAGR.
The market holds a promising outlook on account of steadily increasing demand for these materials from a diverse range of applications and ongoing technological advances that are anticipated to unlock new opportunities in the coming years. Increasing use of high-performance polymers across the automobiles, military and healthcare sectors is expected to benefit the market.
These materials are likely to find new applications in the sports equipment, medical and construction industries. In addition, rising construction spending coupled with growth of the healthcare sector and increasing number of sports activities are anticipated to further propel the market growth.
The use of UHWMPE in lithium-ion battery separators is likely to present lucrative opportunities to market participants, while the inclination toward hybrid and electric vehicles powered by lithium-ion batteries is estimated to fuel the market growth. Supportive regulations and innovations leading to superior mechanical properties along with high-energy absorption characteristics are expected to boost the market in the coming years.
By End-Use, Healthcare Segment to Reach $784.8 Million by 2026
Global market for Healthcare (End-Use) segment is estimated at US$498.5 Million in 2020, and is projected to reach US$784.8 Million by 2026 reflecting a compounded annual growth rate of 8.0% over the analysis period.
The United States constitutes the largest regional market for Healthcare segment, accounting for 28.7% of the global sales in 2020. Asia-Pacific is poised to register the fastest compounded annual growth rate of 9.2% over the analysis period, to reach US$70.5 Million by the close of the analysis period.
Key Topics Covered:
II. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
1. MARKET OVERVIEW
- Influencer Market Insights
- World Market Trajectories
- Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene: A Thermoplastic with Amazing Properties
- Production & Extrusion Processing
- Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene Market Exudes Immense Growth Potential
- Intriguing Material Properties Stoke Growth of UHMWPE Market: Outlook
- End-Use Analysis: Healthcare Occupies Enviable Share
- World Ultra-High Molecular Weight Polyethylene Market by End-Use Segment (2020 & 2027): Percentage Breakdown of Sales for Healthcare; Aerospace, Defense & Shipping; Mechanical Equipment; Food & Beverage, and Other End-Uses
- Regional Analysis
- World Ultra-High Molecular Weight Polyethylene Market by Region (2020 & 2027): Percentage Breakdown of Sales for Developed and Developing Regions
- World Ultra-High Molecular Weight Polyethylene Market – Geographic Regions Ranked by CAGR (Sales) for 2020-2027
- Competitive Scenario
- Recent Market Activity
- Ultra-High Molecular Weight Polyethylene – Global Key Competitors Percentage Market Share in 2022 (E)
- Competitive Market Presence – Strong/Active/Niche/Trivial for Players Worldwide in 2022 (E)
2. FOCUS ON SELECT PLAYERS (Total 40 Featured)
- Asahi Kasei Corporation
- Braskem S.A
- Celanese Corporation
- Crown Plastics Co Inc.
- DuPont de Nemours, Inc.
- Emco Industrial Plastics, Inc.
- Garland Manufacturing Company
- Honeywell International Inc.
- King Plastic Corporation
- Koninklijke DSM N.V.
- Korea Petro Chemical Ind Co. Ltd.
- LyondellBasell Industries N.V.
- Mitsubishi Chemical Advanced Materials AG
- Mitsui Chemicals, Inc.
- Nitto Denko Corporation
- Orthoplastics Ltd.
- Redwood Plastics and Rubber
- Rochling Engineering Plastics (India) Pvt. Ltd.
- Saudi Basic Industries Corporation
- Shandong Ningjin Xinxing Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Teijin Limited
- Toyobo Co., Ltd.
3. MARKET TRENDS & DRIVERS
- Healthcare: Largest End-Use Category
- Introduction of Innovative UHMWPE Technologies Fuel Demand for Orthopedic Implants
- Rise in Healthcare Expenditure to Drive Growth
- World Healthcare Expenditure (In US$ Billion) for the Years 2017-2023
- Opportunities in Aerospace, Defense & Shipping Sectors
- Massive Negative Impact on Air Travel Leading to Weak Momentum in UHMWP Market
- Food & Beverage: A Growing Market
- High Demand for UHMWPE in Mechanical Equipment Vertical
- Other End-Uses
- Wires & Cables
- Research & Developments Key to Market Growth
- Select Important Innovations
4. GLOBAL MARKET PERSPECTIVE
III. REGIONAL MARKET ANALYSIS
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/kuv9id
The content is by Business Wire. Headlines of Today Media is not responsible for the content provided or any links related to this content. Headlines of Today Media is not responsible for the correctness, topicality or the quality of the content.