DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The “Peracetic Acid Market – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 – 2026)” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The Global Peracetic Acid Market is projected to register a CAGR of over 7% during the forecast period (2021-2026).
- ACURO ORGANICS LIMITED
- Aditya Birla Chemicals
- Airedale Chemical
- Belinka Perkemija
- BioSafe Systems, LLC
- Diversey, Inc
- Enviro Tech Chemical Services, Inc.
- Evonik Industries AG
- Hydrite Chemical
- MITSUBISHI GAS CHEMICAL COMPANY, INC.
- The Vincit Group
Key Market Trends
Disinfectant Application to Dominate the Market
- Peracetic acid is a popular biocidal disinfectant with uses across many industries.
- Peracetic acid can destroy and control harmful bacteria, viruses, spores, and fungi. It is a very powerful oxidant and fast-acting antimicrobial, peracetic acid penetrates through cell membranes, irreversibly disrupting the enzyme system and destroying pathogenic microorganisms.
- PAA’s antimicrobial properties make a popular, reliable biocidal disinfectant in agricultural, food, and pharmaceutical settings, as well as in the home. Peracetic acid (PAA) is a widely used antimicrobial in the food and protein industries.
- Amongst many other industrial applications, it also holds use in water treatment, able to prevent biofilm formation and pathogenic growth.
- Furthermore, peracetic acid also has an environmental edge as it is efficacious even at low temperatures with no traces of chlorine. After use, it simply breaks down into its ecologically harmless components. It acts as an excellent alternative to traditional chemicals used for disinfectant and cleansing purposes thus growing the demand for the market.
- It is also applied for the disinfection of medical supplies, to prevent bio film formation in pulp industries, and as a water purifier and disinfectant.
- COVID-19 has created the need for surface disinfection in places like public spaces, hospitality buildings, transportation, and cleaning in place (CIP) in the food & beverage industry.
- According to US Census Bureau, in January 2021, United States food and beverage store sales were estimated to be about 70.9 billion U.S. dollars.
- In response to COVID-19, the global healthcare community is being challenged to answer the increasing demand for disinfectants ensuring their efficiency, but also controlling their impact on the environment thus fuelling the demand for PAA.
- Owing to all the above mentioned factors the demand for PAA as a disinfectant is expected to drive the market.
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- The Asia Pacific is expected to dominate the market for peracetic acid during the forecast period. In countries, like China, India, and Japan, due to the increasing demand from various end-user industries, such as pharmaceutical, food and beverage, and chemical the demand for PAA has been increasing in the region.
- PAA is also used for oxidative degradation of toxic substances and chemicals in wastewater, making the water treatment process easy. Due to this, there is a surge in demand for PAA for water treatment applications.
- In the Asia-Pacific, China is the largest economy in terms of GDP. China is one of the fastest-growing economies globally and almost all the end-user industries have been growing, owing to the rising population, living standards, and per capita income.
- China is a hub for chemical processing, accounting for a major chunk of the chemicals produced, globally. With the increasing demand for various chemicals globally, the demand for hydrogen peroxide from this sector is projected to rise during the forecast period.
- China’s wastewater treatment industry broadly covers the treatment of influent, sewage treatment, and water recycling and the industries are investing more to treat industrial wastewater. According to the National Bureau of Statistics of China, China has invested YUAN 6.99 billion in the treatment of industrial wastewater in 2019.
Key Topics Covered:
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Rapid Increasing Demand for Water Across the Globe.
4.1.2 Other Drivers
4.2.1 Adverse Health Effect by Prolonged Exposure
4.2.2 Impact of COVID-19 Outbreak
4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter’s Five Force Analysis
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.2 End-user Industry
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share (%)**/Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Increasing Use in Aseptic Packaging
7.2 Other Opportunities
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/im8c56
The content is by Business Wire. Headlines of Today Media is not responsible for the content provided or any links related to this content. Headlines of Today Media is not responsible for the correctness, topicality or the quality of the content.