Global Oncology Nutrition Market Trajectory & Analytics Report 2022: Introduction of Nutrient-Rich Oncology Nutritional Supplements Ensure Quick Recovery for Cancer Patients – ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The “Oncology Nutrition – Global Market Trajectory & Analytics” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
Global Oncology Nutrition Market to Reach US$1.7 Billion by the Year 2026
Amid the COVID-19 crisis, the global market for Oncology Nutrition estimated at US$1.1 Billion in the year 2021, is projected to reach a revised size of US$1.7 Billion by 2026, growing at a CAGR of 8.6% over the analysis period.
Malnutrition triggered by cancer treatment is the most common side-effect among cancer patients. Specifically, malnutrition is more prevalent among individuals with digestive cancers or head and neck cancers.
Head & Neck Cancer, one of the segments analyzed in the report, is projected to grow at a 7.8% CAGR to reach US$472.2 Million by the end of the analysis period. After a thorough analysis of the business implications of the pandemic and its induced economic crisis, growth in the Stomach & Gastrointestinal segment is readjusted to a revised 10.9% CAGR for the next 7-year period. This segment currently accounts for a 22.9% share of the global Oncology Nutrition market.
Continuously increasing number of cancer patients is posing serious healthcare challenges for various countries. Several healthcare professionals consider inappropriate diet as well as inactive lifestyle for approximately 85% of global cancer cases. On the other hand, obesity and food attributes for 35% as well as 30% of all cancer related deaths, respectively.
Consuming large quantities of nutritious food significantly improves stamina and strength of patients undergoing cancer treatment. Owing to their abilities to prevent growth of cancer cells, demand for nutritional food is witnessing an upward momentum. Propelled by rising popularity of homecare nutritional products, the global market for oncology nutrition is exhibiting robust growth.
In order to tap the available opportunity, companies are devising a broad range of innovative strategies. Hospitals, retail pharmacies, and online pharmacies are some of the major end-users of oncology nutrition segment. Hospitals currently account for majority of share in the global oncology nutrition market, due to constantly increasing number of cancer patients. In order to ensure timely treatment, various leading global healthcare providers are now constructing high-end cancer diagnosis and care centers.
The U.S. Market is Estimated at $412.6 Million in 2021, While China is Forecast to Reach $165 Million by 2026
The Oncology Nutrition market in the U.S. is estimated at US$412.6 Million in the year 2021. The country currently accounts for a 35.62% share in the global market. China, the world’s second largest economy, is forecast to reach an estimated market size of US$165 Million by the year 2026 trailing a CAGR of 10.6% through the analysis period.
Among the other noteworthy geographic markets are Japan and Canada, each forecast to grow at 7.4% and 7.1% respectively over the 2020-2027 period. Within Europe, Germany is forecast to grow at approximately 8.4% CAGR while Rest of European market (as defined in the study) will reach US$182.4 Million by the close of the analysis period.
The entire market for oncology nutrition negates a highly important cancer nutrition element, which is the patient’s daily dietary regimen. Even though nutritional formulas and nutraceuticals are great items for selling with their respective beneficial impacts on a patient`s nutritional status, only a handful of such producers and marketers are actually interested in educating patients on a healthy diet’s importance in the long-run. Nevertheless, suppliers are already providing those items needed for short-term gain and patients too, prefer quick fixes.
Key Topics Covered:
II. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
1. MARKET OVERVIEW
- Influencer Market Insights
- World Market Trajectories
- COVID-19 Impact On Oncology Nutrition
- Cancer – Food choices, Dietary habits and Cancer risk
- Significance of Proper Nutrition for Cancer Patients
- What to Eat in Cancer
- Importance of Adequate Nutrition during Cancer Treatment
- Nutrition During Cancer Treatment
- Common Causes of Nutrition and Malnutrition in Cancer Patients
- Cancer Treatment Side Effects that are Likely to Cause Dehydration and Malnutrition
- Commercial Feeding Formulas
- Factors to be Considered When Selecting a Particular Formula
- Global Market Analysis and Prospects
- Global Oncology Nutrition Market Witnesses Rapid Growth
- Developed Regions Account for Major Share, Developing Regions Witness Rapid Growth
- Recent Market Activity
2. FOCUS ON SELECT PLAYERS (Total 31 Featured)
- Abbott Laboratories
- B.Braun Melsungen AG
- Baxter International, Inc.
- Fresenius Kabi AG
- Hormel Foods Corporation
- Mead Johnson & Company, LLC
- Nestle S.A.
- Pfizer Inc.
3. MARKET TRENDS & DRIVERS
- Rising Global Incidence of Cancer Drives the Oncology Nutrition Market
- Rising Number of Malnourished Cancer Patients Drive the Demand for Oncology Nutrition Market
- Patient Diagnosis with Malnutrition
- Post Treatment Duration and Nutrition for Advanced Cancer
- Meeting Nutritional Needs of Cancer Patients
- Nutrition for Breast Cancer Survivorship
- Introduction of Nutrient-Rich Oncology Nutritional Supplements Ensure Quick Recovery for Cancer Patients
- Ongoing Research and Development Initiatives Fuel Demand for Oncology Nutrition Products
- Demand for Gluten and Lactose-Free Enteral Nutrition Formulas Exhibits an Upward Momentum
- Launch of New Nutritional Products for Cancer Patients
- Diet for Colon Cancer Surgery
- Ageing Demographics to Drive Market Demand
- Uptrend in Healthcare Spending Drives Market Demand
- Enteral Nutrition Market to Remain Buoyant and Strong
- Oncology Applications Leads EN Market
- Shift towards Home Care Boosts Demand for Clinical Nutrition Products
- Trend towards Home Healthcare to Propel Home Clinical Nutrition Market
- Changing Health and Social Care Factors Favor Home Enteral Feeding
- Increasing Popularity of Intravenous Vitamin C for Cancer Treatment
- Shift towards Enteral Nutrition Therapies – A Threat to Parenteral Nutrition Market
4. GLOBAL MARKET PERSPECTIVE
III. REGIONAL MARKET ANALYSIS
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/hpjgjm
The content is by Business Wire. Headlines of Today Media is not responsible for the content provided or any links related to this content. Headlines of Today Media is not responsible for the correctness, topicality or the quality of the content.