Global Copper Pipes and Tubes Market Report 2021: HVAC&R Systems Emerge as the Major Application Market – Forecast to 2026 – ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The “Copper Pipes and Tubes – Global Market Trajectory & Analytics” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The global market for Copper Pipes and Tubes estimated at 3.9 Million Tons in the year 2020, is projected to reach a revised size of 4.9 Million Tons by 2026, growing at a CAGR of 4.2% over the analysis period.
The demand for copper pipes and tubes fell in 2020 due to stoppage of all non-critical construction projects, reduced residential construction, reduced focus on smart cities, poor automotive demand, and contraction of the manufacturing sector, among other factors. In the post COVID-19 period, the global market for copper tubes as well as pipes will grow led by the importance of copper`s corrosion resistance, non-combustible property, and lightweight features in various end-use applications.
Market growth will also be driven by the revival in demand for corrosion-resistant and durable copper piping and tubing for use in fuel oil systems, medical gas systems, underground gas and water supply systems, heat exchange systems, and HVAC&R as well as from renovation and construction activities.
HVAC, one of the segments analyzed in the report, is projected to grow at a 4.6% CAGR to reach 3 Million Tons by the end of the analysis period. After a thorough analysis of the business implications of the pandemic and its induced economic crisis, growth in the Industrial Heat Exchange segment is readjusted to a revised 3.6% CAGR for the next 7-year period.
This segment currently accounts for a 24.2% share of the global Copper Pipes and Tubes market. In the HVAC segment, the use of copper pipes and tubes continues to be driven by the heat transfer and antimicrobial features of the material, which makes them suited for use in HVAC applications.
The shift towards intelligent and energy efficient HVAC systems is likely to spur growth in demand for copper pipes and tubes, due to the high corrosion resistance, machinability and superior thermal conductivity offered by copper. Industrial heat exchangers require materials that are capable of conducting heat and enabling its transfer in a rapid and efficient manner. In this regard, copper is preferred since it superior heat conductor, durable and thermally efficient, besides enabling quick heat transfer.
The U.S. Market is Estimated at 428.9 Thousand Tons in 2021, While China is Forecast to Reach 1.8 Million Tons by 2026
The Copper Pipes and Tubes market in the U.S. is estimated at 428.9 Thousand Tons in the year 2021. The country currently accounts for a 10.89% share in the global market.
China, the world’s second largest economy, is forecast to reach an estimated market size of 1.8 Million Tons in the year 2026 trailing a CAGR of 4.9% through the analysis period. Among the other noteworthy geographic markets are Japan and Canada, each forecast to grow at 2.7% and 3.3% respectively over the analysis period. Within Europe, Germany is forecast to grow at approximately 3.1% CAGR while Rest of European market (as defined in the study) will reach 1.9 Million Tons by the end of the analysis period.
Asia-Pacific and China represent a key regional market for copper pipes and tubes, due to the presence of abundant natural resources, large workforce, and expanding manufacturing sector. Also, the rising demand for HVAC systems, urbanization, and government incentives and policies, among other factors are driving gains in the market. Developed economies in Western Europe and North America are expected to witness demand for copper pipes and tubes emerge from major industries such as mining, aerospace & defense, heavy engineering, and au tomotive.
Plumbing Segment to Reach 549.4 Thousand Tons by 2026
Copper tubes are being used in heating and plumbing systems, due to the material’s ability to endure extreme heat conditions without any degradation; ability to resistant to corrosion and high water-pressure; and ability to retain shape, and strength at high temperatures. In the global Plumbing segment, USA, Canada, Japan, China and Europe will drive the 2.7% CAGR estimated for this segment.
These regional markets accounting for a combined market size of 326.9 Thousand Tons in the year 2020 will reach a projected size of 405.1 Thousand Tons by the close of the analysis period. China will remain among the fastest growing in this cluster of regional markets. Led by countries such as Australia, India, and South Korea, the market in Asia-Pacific is forecast to reach 120.8 Thousand Tons by the year 2026, while Latin America will expand at a 3.4% CAGR through the analysis period.
Key Topics Covered:
II. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
1. MARKET OVERVIEW
- As Key End-Use Industries Take a Hit, Pandemic Affects Demand for Copper Pipes & Tubes
- Construction Industry: Despite the Pandemic-Induced Short-term Impact, Long-term Prospects Remain Promising
- An Introduction to Copper Pipes and Tubes
- Types of Copper Tubes
- Copper Tube Sizes
- Copper Tube Standards
- Joining Methods for Copper Pipes & Tubes
- End-Use Applications
- Global Copper Pipes and Tubes Market: Outlook & Prospects
- Copper Production Worldwide: An Overview
- World Brands
- Recent Market Activity
2. FOCUS ON SELECT PLAYERS (Total 110 Featured)
- Cerro Flow Products LLC
- Cambridge-Lee Industries LLC
- Fabrika bakarnih cevi Majdanpek
- Foshan Huahong Copper Tube Co., Ltd.
- Furukawa Electric Co., Ltd.
- Golden Dragon Precise Copper Tube Group, Inc.
- Grupo IUSA, S.A. de C.V.
- H& H Tube
- Hailiang Group Co., Ltd.
- KME Germany GmbH
- Kobelco & Materials Copper Tube, Ltd.
- Luvata Oy
- MM Kembla
- Mueller Industries, Inc.
- Ningbo Jintian Copper (Group) Co., Ltd.
- Poongsan Corporation
- Qingdao Hongtai Copper Co., Ltd.
- Shanghai Metal Corporation
- Wieland-Werke AG
3. MARKET TRENDS & DRIVERS
- HVAC&R Systems Emerge as the Major Application Market for Copper Pipes and Tubes
- Market Poised to Benefit from the Use of Copper Pipes & Tubes in Industrial Heat Exchangers
- Improving Tube Designs Drive Performance Improvements for Industrial Heat Exchangers
- Copper Pipes & Tubes Continue Find Demand in Water Distribution Applications
- Bactericidal Property Support Use of Copper Tubes in Water Distribution Systems
- Despite Emergence of Alternate Materials, Plumbing Remains a Major End-Use Market for Copper Pipes & Tubes
- Rising Prominence of Copper Tubes in Heating Systems
- Direct-Exchange Geothermal Climate Control Systems
- Condensing Tank-less Gas Water Heaters
- Solar Thermal Systems
- Waste Heat Recovery Systems
- Medical Copper Tubing Market: A Promising Market
- Manufacture of Medical Copper Tubing
- Demand Surges for Copper Pipes & Tubes in Medical Gas Systems
- Copper Tubes Face Threat from PEX in Medical Applications
- Automotive Industry Presents Significant Potential for Copper Pipes & Tubes
- COVID-19 Pandemic’s Impact on Automotive Production to Affect Demand for Copper Pipes & Tubes
- Copper Pipes Emerge as Suitable Options for Fire Sprinkler Systems
- Plastic-Coated Copper Tubes Address the Needs of Aggressive Environments
- Press-Connect and Push-Connect Fittings Gain Prominence
- Use of Cupronickel Tubes Gains Traction
- Rise in Volumes of Pipes & Tubes Made from Recycled Copper
- Rise in Demand for Special Types of Tubes
- Copper Holds Potential to Combat Viruses
- Threat of Substitution Looms Large on Copper Pipes & Tubes Market
- Volatile Copper Prices: A Major Challenge for the Market
4. GLOBAL MARKET PERSPECTIVE
III. REGIONAL MARKET ANALYSIS
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/yi5i1i
The content is by Business Wire. Headlines of Today Media is not responsible for the content provided or any links related to this content. Headlines of Today Media is not responsible for the correctness, topicality or the quality of the content.