GL Enhances Multi-Functional Ethernet and IP Test Solution
GAITHERSBURG, Md., Dec. 06, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — GL Communications Inc., a global leader in telecom test and measurement solutions, addressed the press regarding their enhanced high-speed Ethernet and IP test solutions – PacketExpert™ 10GX used for testing local area and wide area networks and individual network infrastructure.
[For illustration refer to, https://www.gl.com/images/ethernet-tester-portable-hardware-platform-web-packetexpert-10gx.jpg]
“Testing performance of high-speed Ethernet links is challenging and requires specialized test tools. GL’s PacketExpert™ is a multi-functional Ethernet tester that supports Electrical and Optical interfaces. Users can perform Bit Error Rate Testing (BERT), RFC 2544, Wide Area Network (WAN) Emulation, Packet Recording and Playback, Multi-stream UDP/TCP traffic generation and ITU-T Y.1564 testing for verifying service level agreements. It supports testing up to 10 Gbps. GL can also provide supporting SFPs and cables for a ready-to-use test solution”, said Vijay Kulkarni, CEO of GL Communications.
- Wirespeed Bit Error Rate Testing
- RFC 2544 – Throughput, latency, frame loss, and back-to-back performance tests
- Comprehensive testing of Wirespeed Ethernet/IP networks up to 10 Gbps. Available in Portable or Rackmount configurations
- Rack-based variants provide up to 24 GigE ports (or 12 10 Gbps ports) housing multiple PacketExpert™ devices
- Easily control multiple devices and ports from a single Graphical User Interface
- Automation, remote operation, and multi-site connectivity using C# and Python clients
- Supports both smart loopback (auto layer detection) and user-defined layer-wise loopback capabilities for incoming traffic
- Multi-device support for all port loopback application
- Network Emulation – Emulate WAN conditions in the lab including bandwidth reduction, packet loss, increased latency and more
- Can function as a wirespeed Ethernet tap to capture and filter traffic, generate triggers based on filters, and transmit filtered/aggregated/modified packets for deep packet inspection
- Wirespeed Capture and Playback testing provides Packet Capture, Filter, Aggregate, and Storage features
- BERT/Loopback Module:
- Provides option to add Loopback filters, 4 filters per port
- Enhanced to support Loopback filters, 16 filters per port
- Multi Stream Traffic Generator and Analyzer:
- Added Loopback filters, 16 filters per port
- Multi-device support capability
- Filters (IPNetSim™, Record Only and PacketBroker):
- Added MPLS/VLAN stack level selection in filters
- Client Application Programming Interface (API)s:
- Added a new method to BERT APIs which resolves destination MAC address based on destination IP, and sets it during Load Configuration process
About GL Communications Inc.,
GL Communications is a global provider of telecom test and measurement solutions. GL’s solutions are used to verify the quality and reliability of Wireless (5G, 4G, 3G, 2G), SONET/SDH, Ethernet/IP, TDM, and PSTN networks.
Vikram Kulkarni, PhD
Phone: 301-670-4784 x114
The content is by Globe Newswire. Headlines of Today Media is not responsible for the content provided or any links related to this content. Headlines of Today Media is not responsible for the correctness, topicality or the quality of the content.