Ciphr Lite allows users to own, control and grant access to their data. Using world-leading security, the Ciphr platform offers a truly user-controlled messaging app.
CALGARY, AB, May 13, 2021 /PRNewswire/ — Ciphr has launched the latest app in its suite of world-leading encrypted software. Ciphr Lite allows users to experience group chats, voice calls and voice notes protected by Post-Quantum encryption and Ciphr Lite’s other unique security-first features all for free. Access to the Ciphr platform gives users the ability to communicate using the latest protocols for secure communication.
Ciphr Lite deploys end-to-end encryption to ensure only the intended recipients can read messages and join calls. Ciphr’s platform is built using the most secure multi-layered encryption and security-first features to provide the best protection possible, including ensuring Ciphr does not store or have access to encrypted communication data. Ciphr does not require a phone number or email for registration and employs user-controlled keys. These private encryption keys are generated and stored locally on the device hosting the Ciphr app, which safeguards against backdoor access to a server and data. The platform also employs perfect forward secrecy, securing each message and call with a unique encryption key for a deeper protection level in every conversation.
Ciphr Lite’s features include:
- Anonymous Ciphr ID – Ciphr accounts never require an email or phone number to register, and Ciphr IDs (used to add a contact) are randomly generated for extra privacy.
- Password protection – The Ciphr Lite app is password locked even when your device is unlocked for enhanced privacy and security for your communications.
- Encrypted voice calls – Make encrypted voice calls up to five minutes long. Ciphr Lite voice calls are peer-to-peer, meaning servers never have access to your call data.
- Encrypted voice notes – Send encrypted voice notes up to 15 seconds in length to bring conversations to life.
- Self-destructing messages – Messages self-destruct after a pre-set period for added privacy and to ensure data is not stored longer than necessary on your device.
- Redact sent messages – Stay in control of messages even after they’ve been sent with the ability to delete previously sent messages.
- Post-Quantum protection – Ciphr Lite uses Post-Quantum encryption to further secure Elliptic Curve key exchanges. This cutting-edge technology provides an extra layer of security beyond any modern standards.
Ciphr Lite is available for Android in the Google Play store and is coming soon for iOS. A full list of countries where Ciphr Lite will be available can be found here. Ciphr Lite is supported in English, Chinese (Traditional and Simplified), Croatian, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Serbian, Spanish, Turkish and Vietnamese. Ciphr’s mission is to empower people to protect and optimize their digital privacy. They create applications that allow people to communicate freely without compromising their privacy. Applications like Ciphr Lite are designed with customisable security for a seamless experience without compromising the user experience. Ciphr stron gly believes people should be able to communicate freely, and they passionately advocate for people’s ability to own, control and grant access to their data.
Ciphr is a software development company building encrypted applications designed to protect user’s data. Using world-leading features and protocols, we develop applications that keep data secure. Ciphr offers services around the world through various applications. The company was founded by a team of privacy experts and technology entrepreneurs and is headquartered in Calgary, Canada. To learn more, visit ciphr.io/ciphr-lite
The content is by PR Newswire. Headlines of Today Media is not responsible for the content provided or any links related to this content. Headlines of Today Media is not responsible for the correctness, topicality or the quality of the content.