The whey protein market revenue is estimated to be above $1,101.7 million in 2026 and is to grow at a CAGR of 9.8% during the forecast period.
The whey protein market has huge potential and wide application in China. At present, there is very less supply of local whey protein products in China; however, there is a huge demand for the whey-based product in the country. Due to the rapid development of China’s economy and higher requirement of nutritious food items and drinks, the demand for high value added whey products, especially baby formula, is ever increasing.
With the increasing demand for whey protein-based nutrients in China, major global dairy producers have been keeping up their eyes on the market. Local players are focusing on increasing whey protein production output as they observe the increasing local application of whey in food and beverages. However, at present, the imports still account for the largest proportion of total domestic demand for whey products, with the North America and EU being leading suppliers.
Major drivers of the whey protein market in China are strong economic conditions, rising health consciousness, and urbanization. The expansion in the whey protein market is demand-driven from the young generation with a rising inclination towards an active and fit life. Moreover, consumer acceptance of whey protein in foods and sports drinks has surged the demand for whey.
Rising demand for whey proteins from the infant formula industry is expected to maintain a steady growth rate. In addition, the government of China is spending a huge amount on research and development for the application of dairy products across the food, beverage, and supplement industry, which is expected to increase the growth of the whey protein industry in the coming years.
However, the high production cost of whey protein products is acting as a major restraint to the market. Less awareness among consumers is another factor slowing down the growth. Major international players are focused on developing the supply chain and garnering visibility of products in the retail space.
With strengthening economic conditions, the demand for high-quality dairy products has increased. The Chinese Government has laid a huge focus in changing the regulations related to the dairy industry in the last two years. The new regulations include stricter requirements for the processing of dairy, dairy farms, environment control, and technological standards, as well as the safety and quality of the products.
The application of whey protein in the dietary supplement industry is the highest and is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 10.4%. The food and beverage industry also represents major share of whey protein application. With a huge opportunity to develop products with whey content across sports, health care, and personal care industry, whey protein market in the food and beverage industry is expected to grow at a healthy rate.
- Market trends since 2017 and five-year forecasts of market growth
- Detailed analysis of the micro and macro elements influencing demand trends
- Identifying opportunity spaces across segments
- Supply & demand side trend and analysis
- Price trend analysis, investment prospects, and competition pattern
- Insights on the growth potential of the market
- Detailed analysis of major producers covering financial investments & strategies adopted
- Competitive landscape of the industry
- Increasing awareness about health benefits of diet supplements
- Growing use of whey proteins in functional food and beverages industry
- Increasing demand for dietary proteins
- High cost of ingredients and production
- Growing vegan population & whey protein alternatives
- Health & safety concerns and undefined regulations
- Growing dietary supplement prescription
- Surging demand for high-quality protein in food industry
- Increasing use of protein products in the personal care industry
Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
Future Trends in Whey Protein Industry
Value Chain Analysis
Industry Policies & Regulations
- Agropur MSI, LLC
- Arla Foods
- Carbery Group
- Champignon-Hofmeister Group
- DMK group
- FriesiandCampina Ingredients
- Glanbia Plc
- Hilmar Cheese Company Inc
- Lactalis Ingredients
- Land O’Lakes Inc
- Leprino Foods Co
- Milk Specialties Global
- Meggle Group
- Saputo Ingredients
- Fonterra Co-operative Group
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/hn3x37
The content is by Business Wire. Headlines of Today Media is not responsible for the content provided or any links related to this content. Headlines of Today Media is not responsible for the correctness, topicality or the quality of the content.