China Mobile Games Report 2021: Monthly Average Revenue Per User (ARPU) and Monthly Average Revenue Per Paying User (ARPPU) Rose in 2020 – ResearchAndMarkets.com
China is worth more than 25% of the world’s mobile games market – and rising, and deserves the attention of games companies worldwide. Although the regulations can be challenging, if a company is dedicated to developing a hit game that fits the rules and cultural gaming preferences, there is a strong chance that the effort will pay off in China.
The report explains the analysis on where that growth will come from, which segments are hot now and growing, and what the impact on the holistic games industry will be.
Key takeaways from the analysis:
- China’s domestic mobile game revenue was $29.2 billion in 2020, up 30.9% YoY. This is the highest annual growth rate for China’s domestic mobile game revenue since 2017.
- There were 681.7 million mobile gamers in mainland China as of the end of 2020, up 7% YoY, projected to reach 748 million in 2025.
- Monthly Average Revenue Per User (ARPU) and Monthly Average Revenue Per Paying User (ARPPU) rose in 2020.
- Export game revenue increased 36.7% in 2020, a higher increase than domestic game revenue.
- Tencent and NetEase remained the top 2 domestic game publishers in China but are facing increasing competition from both large tech companies and medium-sized game companies.
- miHoYo’s Genshin Impact had a major impact on the market and more domestically developed AAA titles are expected in the future.
- A comprehensive market model and 5-year forecast through 2024 by games segment
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis on gamer demand, spending, behavior, and usage for mobile games
- Trends analysis that formed the market size and forecast data
- Market share estimates for game publishers and Top 10 games lists
- Market size & forecast
- Growth drivers & trends
- Mobile eSports
- Publishers & app markets
- Top games
- Mobile devices & hardware
- Financial transaction events
- Game approvals & regulations
- Analysis of proprietary survey of Chinese gamers
- 99 slides with more than 50 data exhibits
- Lilith Games
- Louis Vuitton
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/oeed0c
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world’s leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
The content is by Business Wire. Headlines of Today Media is not responsible for the content provided or any links related to this content. Headlines of Today Media is not responsible for the correctness, topicality or the quality of the content.