BUSAN, South Korea–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Busan IT Industry Promotion Agency (President & CEO Mun-Seob Jeong), through the ASEAN-ROK ICT Convergence Village, announced the selection of nine new projects for the 2022 Korea-ASEAN XR Joint Project to demonstrate and to establish competitive Korean XR companies, and to expand advanced XR and Metaverse technology into the ASEAN market.
Following the 2019 ASEAN-ROK Commemorative Summit held in Busan, ASEAN-ROK ICT Convergence Village was first implemented in 2020. The project with its purpose of expanding ICT exchange and mutual growth in Korea and ASEAN is under the National IT Industry Promotion Agency (NIPA) and Busan IT Industry Promotion Agency (BIPA), hosted by the Korean Ministry of Science and ICT, and Busan Metropolitan City.
The nine selected projects are as follows:
1. XR museum contents and exhibition platform for National Museum Bangkok, Thailand (Fun it Co., Ltd.)
2. Indonesia virtual avatar full body motion capture live interaction project (Kovee Co., Ltd., Filder tax Co., Ltd.)
3. XR Convergence Sports Contents and Experience Center Demonstration Project in Myanmar (Insol M&T Co., Ltd., KMPI Consortium Co., Ltd.)
4. Korea and ASEAN virtual exhibition platform based on 3D immersive metaverse gallery in Myanmar (GD Communication & Asian Arts Cooperation)
5. Metaverse exercise solution customized for Vietnamese body types using body recognition technology and kiosk (Tiger AI, RH-Tech Co., Ltd., Industrial-Academic Cooperation Group of Dongmyeong University)
6. Police taser gun training system in Indonesia using VR (Jacob System Co., Ltd., Premoem Co., Ltd.)
7. Total golf training system using XR technology in Malaysia (Smile Square, Hello Studio Co., Ltd.)
8. AR-based telemedicine and collaboration system in Indonesia (Pusan National University Hospital, ITIZ, ION-M Solution Co., Ltd.)
9. XR safety education and training contents production in Brunei (Safety XR) (YST Co., Ltd.)
BIPA plans to finance the aforementioned projects totaling about 2.3 million USD for its demonstration and commercialization in the ASEAN market, slated to support the application of XR content to various business fields in the ASEAN region.
In 2021 alone, BIPA funded about 2.5 million USD for six projects, including the XR tourism platform construction project for the Imperial City of Hue, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, resulting in the launch of tourism products.
Mun-Seob Jeong, President & CEO of BIPA, said, “I hope that the 2022 Korea-ASEAN XR Joint Project becomes a good opportunity for ASEAN and ROK to start collaborating on various projects. BIPA will continue to discover and support designated projects according to the demands of the ASEAN region.”
The content is by Business Wire. Headlines of Today Media is not responsible for the content provided or any links related to this content. Headlines of Today Media is not responsible for the correctness, topicality or the quality of the content.