AUSTIN, Texas, May 26, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — BigCommerce (Nasdaq: BIGC), a leading Open SaaS ecommerce platform for fast-growing and established B2C and B2B brands, held its inaugural Investor Day on May 25, 2022 to provide an update on the Company’s strategy, products, financials and vision for the future.
“Since going public nearly two years ago, we have made tremendous progress across our business,” said Brent Bellm, CEO of BigCommerce. “Beginning in 2015, BigCommerce extended up-market to become the first open SaaS platform to flexibly serve mid-market and large enterprises. We are a robust and growing enterprise business, delivering enterprise functionality to merchants of all sizes. We are investing in international growth, omnichannel, B2B and headless functionality, and are confident that we can build our portfolio of disruptive tools and develop innovative solutions for our merchants around the globe.”
The event featured the following highlights of BigCommerce’s business and vision for future growth:
- Competitive positioning and differentiation: BigCommerce is well positioned to win B2C and B2B merchants with enterprise functionality that is flexible and customizable.
- BigCommerce is a full-featured, robust enterprise platform: BigCommerce gives merchants the ability to manage their technology stack by providing access to best-of-breed SaaS-based solutions and creating better consumer experiences while giving merchants better control of their ecommerce platforms.
- Providing the world’s best omnichannel capabilities in a single platform: BigCommerce offers a full range of omnichannel and headless commerce experiences, empowering merchants to sell across online, social and marketplace channels.
- Expanding our footprint: BigCommerce is growing at a rapid pace in international markets, integrating our solution for local market needs and generating a high return on investment.
- Scaling our investments to drive sustainable, profitable top line growth: BigCommerce’s 2022 investment areas focus on building momentum in our strong and growing enterprise business. As of March 31, 2022, Enterprise accounts made up 67% of total annual revenue run-rate and had grown at a 40%+/ann organic rate for the past 14 consecutive quarters.
The replay of the Investor Day and presentation can be found at https://investors.bigcommerce.com/news-events/events-presentations
BigCommerce (Nasdaq: BIGC) is a leading open software-as-a-service (SaaS) ecommerce platform that empowers merchants of all sizes to build, innovate and grow their businesses online. BigCommerce provides merchants sophisticated enterprise-grade functionality, customization and performance with simplicity and ease-of-use. Tens of thousands of B2C and B2B companies across 150 countries and numerous industries use BigCommerce to create beautiful, engaging online stores, including Ben & Jerry’s, Molton Brown, S.C. Johnson, Skullcandy, SoloStove and Vodafone. Headquartered in Austin, BigCommerce has offices in London, Kyiv, San Francisco, and Sydney. For more information, please visit www.bigcommerce.com or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and Facebook.
This press release contains “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. In some cases, you can identify forward-looking statements by terms such as “anticipate,” “believe,” “estimate,” “expect,” “intend,” “outlook,” “may,” “might,” “plan,” “project,” “will,” “would,” “should,” “could,” “can,” “predict,” “potential,” “strategy, “target,” “explore,” “continue,” or the negative of these terms, and similar expressions intended to identify forward-looking statements. However, not all forward-looking statements contain these identifying words. These statements may relate to our market size and growth strategy, our estimated and projected costs, margins, revenue, expenditures and customer and financial growth rates, our plans and objectives for future operations, growth, initiatives or strategies. By their nature, these statements are subject to numerous uncertainties and risks, including factors beyond our control, that could cause actual results, performance or achievement to differ materially and adversely from those anticipated or implied in the forward-looking statements. These assumptions, uncertainties and risks include that, among others, our business would be harmed by any decline in new customers, renewals or upgrades, our limited operating history makes it difficult to evaluate our prospects and future results of operations, we operate in competitive markets, we may not be able to sustain our revenue growth rate in the future, our business would be harmed by any significant interruptions, delays or outages in services from our platform or certain social media platforms, and a cybersecurity-related attack, significant data breach or disruption of the information technology systems or networks could negatively affect our business. Additional risks and uncertainties that could cause actual outcomes and results to differ materially from those contemplated by the forward-looking statements are included under the caption “Risk Factors” and elsewhere in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission (the “SEC”), including our Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2021 filed with the SEC on March 1, 2022, our quarterly report on Form 10-Q for the quarter ended March 31, 2022 filed with the SEC on May 4, 2022, and the future quarterly and current reports that we file with the SEC. Forward-looking statements speak only as of the date the statements are made and are based on information available to BigCommerce at the time those statements are made and/or management’s good faith belief as of that time with respect to future events. BigCommerce assumes no obligation to update forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances after the date they were made, except as required by law.
Media Relations Contact
Investor Relations Contact