Bangladesh Inclusive Insurance Market Report 2022: Risk Exposure, Market Developments, Landscape, Products, Distribution, Claims – ResearchAndMarkets.com
Due to its location, the country is also one of the most vulnerable to climate change and is exposed to many natural disasters, particularly cyclones and floods.
While many microinsurance programs have been implemented in the country through partnerships between microfinance institutions (MFIs), NGOs, and insurers, the inclusive insurance sector still faces challenges in its development.
- Bangladesh is characterized by gender inequality in the employment sector, and most of the working population is informally employed.
- Agriculture is a key sector of the economy with 70% of the land dedicated to farming. Bangladesh is the world’s third-largest producer of rice, most of which is consumed locally. The country imports rice to make up for shortfalls caused by floods or droughts.
- The social protection system is fragmented and consists of about 119 social protection programmes.
- Bangladesh is home to key actors who are developing microfinance in the country and around the world.
- The microinsurance landscape shows a strong concentration of inclusive insurance, in terms of people covered, around life insurance and in particular, credit life/loan protection.
Key Topics Covered:
Enabling inclusive insurance market development
The current inclusive insurance landscape
- Identified microinsurance coverage
Opportunities and challenges
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/iz3oeg
The content is by Business Wire. Headlines of Today Media is not responsible for the content provided or any links related to this content. Headlines of Today Media is not responsible for the correctness, topicality or the quality of the content.