NEW YORK, May 4, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — The “Backup-as-a-service Market by Application (Online backup and Cloud backup) and Geography (North America, APAC, Europe, South America, and MEA) – Forecast and Analysis 2021-2025” report has been added to Technavio’s offering. With ISO 9001:2015 certification, Technavio is proudly partnering with more than 100 Fortune 500 companies for over 16 years.
The potential growth difference for the backup-as-a-service market between 2020 and 2025 is USD 14.29 billion. To get the exact yearly growth variance and the Y-O-Y growth rate, Talk to our analyst.
Key Market Dynamics:
- Market Driver – The key factor driving growth in the backup-as-a-service market is the increasing demand to shift from CAPEX to the OPEX model. The key benefit of implementing BaaS solutions is the pay-per-use pricing model, i.e., clients have to pay for what they use. BaaS solutions are also flexible in terms of deployment models as cloud services are available in three deployment models: infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS), platform-as-a-service (PaaS), and SaaS. This allows clients to build their BaaS infrastructure as per business requirements. Industrial clients can select a range of these services depending on their IT budgets and business requirements. There is no fixed upfront cost required (in sharp contrast with on-premises IT infrastructure), which makes BaaS an affordable solution for enterprises.
- Market Challenges – The possibility of failure during implementation will be a major challenge for the backup-as-a-service market. The chance of failure during the implementation phase makes prospective clients skeptical about BaaS, and they may favor traditional backup solutions such as hard disks. Implementation is not a one-way process; it takes a considerable amount of time to perform various processes such as project management, vulnerability management, compliance, content management, event monitoring, access management, and managing huge servers and databases. These processes are complex and require flawless execution. The complexity of implementation increases the chances of failure, which may direct end-users toward traditional backup solutions.
To learn about additional key drivers, trends, and challenges – Download Sample Report right now!
The backup-as-a-service market report is segmented by Application (Online backup and Cloud backup) and Geography (North America, APAC, Europe, South America, and MEA).
- The backup-as-a-service market share growth by the online backup segment will be significant for revenue generation. The cost of online backup solutions makes them favorable for large and medium-sized enterprises and enterprises with critical data. Also, vendors are using 128-bit to 448-bit encryption to transfer the data over unsecured links, which builds trust between enterprises and service providers. This increases the adoption of online backup solutions by large and medium-sized enterprises.
- 37% of the market’s growth will originate from North America during the forecast period. The US and Canada are the key markets for the backup-as-a-service market in North America. Market growth in this region will be slower than the growth of the market in APAC. The building of a new intelligent economy in the region by interlinking technologies such as cloud solutions, mobility, Big Data, and social media, which is driving the growth of the information and communications technology (ICT) market in the region, will facilitate the backup-as-a-service market growth in North America over the forecast period.
View our sample report for additional insights into the contribution of all the segments
Some Companies Mentioned
The backup-as-a-service market is fragmented and the vendors are deploying organic and inorganic growth strategies to compete in the market.
- Acronis International GmbH
- Alphabet Inc.
- Amazon.com Inc.
- Cisco Systems Inc.
- Dell Technologies Inc.
- Fujitsu Ltd.
- Microsoft Corp.
- NetApp Inc.
- Quantum Corp.
- International Business Machines Corp.
- To gain access to more vendor profiles with their key offerings available with Technavio, Click Here
- The data center maintenance and support services market size growth is expected to progress at a CAGR of 12.04% and is estimated at USD 7.69 billion from 2021 to 2026. Download a sample now!
- The application gateway market share is expected to increase by USD 1.32 billion from 2021 to 2026, and the market’s growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 10.46%. Download a sample now!
Backup-as-a-service Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 32%
Market growth 2021-2025
USD 14.29 billion
YoY growth (%)
Performing market contribution
North America at 37%
Leading companies, competitive strategies, consumer engagement scope
Acronis International GmbH, Alphabet Inc., Amazon.com Inc., Cisco Systems Inc., Dell Technologies Inc., Fujitsu Ltd., Microsoft Corp., NetApp Inc., Quantum Corp., and International Business Machines Corp.
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and future consumer dynamics, market condition analysis for forecast period.
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Landscape
2.1 Market ecosystem
Exhibit 01: Parent market
2.2 Market Characteristics
Exhibit 02: Market Characteristics
2.3 Value chain analysis
Exhibit 03: Internet Services and infrastucture market
2.3.2 Engineering phase
2.3.4 Marketing and sales
2.3.5 Support activities
3. Market Sizing
3.1 Market definition
Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
3.2 Market segment analysis
Exhibit 05: Market segments
3.3 Market size 2020
3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 – 2025
Exhibit 06: Global – Market size and forecast 2020 – 2025 ($ million)
Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 – 2025 (%)
4. Five Forces Analysis
4.1 Five Forces Summary
Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
4.4 Threat of new entrants
4.5 Threat of substitutes
4.6 Threat of rivalry
4.7 Market condition
Market condition – Five forces 2020
5. Market Segmentation by Application
The segments covered in this chapter are:
- Online backup
- Cloud backup
5.1 Market segments
Exhibit 15: Application – Market share 2020-2025 (%)
5.2 Comparison by Application
Exhibit 16: Comparison by Application
5.3 Online backup – Market size and forecast 2020-2025
Exhibit 17: Online backup – Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
Exhibit 18: Online backup – Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
5.4 Cloud backup – Market size and forecast 2020-2025
Exhibit 19: Cloud backup – Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
Exhibit 20: Cloud backup – Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
5.5 Market opportunity by Application
Exhibit 21: Market opportunity by Application
6. Customer landscape
Technavio’s customer landscape matrix comparing Drivers or price sensitivity, Adoption lifecycle, importance in customer price basket, Adoption rate and Key purchase criteria
Exhibit 22: Customer landscape
7. Geographic Landscape
The regions covered in the report are:
- North America
- South America
North America was the largest region of the market in 2020 and would continue to be the largest segment of the market in 2025. It would grow at a compounded annual growth rate of around 5% between 2020 and 2025, which is slower than the overall market
7.1 Geographic segmentation
Exhibit 23: Market share by geography 2020-2025 (%)
7.2 Geographic comparison
Exhibit 24: Geographic comparison
7.3 North America – Market size and forecast 2020-2025
Exhibit 25: North America – Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
Exhibit 26: North America – Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
7.4 APAC – Market size and forecast 2020-2025
Exhibit 27: APAC – Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
Exhibit 28: APAC – Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
7.5 Europe – Market size and forecast 2020-2025
Exhibit 29: Europe – Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
Exhibit 30: Europe – Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
7.6 South America – Market size and forecast 2020-2025
Exhibit 31: South America – Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
Exhibit 32: South America – Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
7.7 MEA – Market size and forecast 2020-2025
Exhibit 33: MEA – Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
Exhibit 34: MEA – Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
7.8 Key leading countries
Exhibit 35: Key leading countries
7.9 Market opportunity by geography
Exhibit 36: Market opportunity by geography ($ million)
8. Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
8.1 Market drivers
8.1 Increasing demand to shift from CAPEX to OPEX model
8.1.2 Growing need to simplify solutions for backup
8.1.3 Need to comply with regulations
8.2 Market challenges
8.2.1 Possibilities of failure during implementation
8.2.2 Bandwidth limitations among enterprises
8.2.3 Data security and privacy concerns associated with cloud
Exhibit 37: Impact of drivers and challenges
8.3 Market trends
8.3.1 Exponential growth in the volume of data
8.3.2 Increasing use of IoT
8.3.3 Rise in the number of cyberthreats
9. Vendor Landscape
9.1 Competitive scenario
9.2 Vendor landscape
Exhibit 38: Vendor landscape
9.3 Landscape disruption
The potential for the disruption of the market landscape was moderate in 2020, and its threat is expected to remain unchanged by 2025.
Exhibit 39: Landscape disruption
9.4 Industry risks
Exhibit 40: Industry risks
10. Vendor Analysis
10.1 Vendors covered
Exhibit 41: Vendors covered
10.2 Market positioning of vendors
Exhibit 42: Market positioning of vendors
10.3 Acronis International GmbH
Exhibit 43: Acronis International GmbH – Overview
Exhibit 44: Acronis International GmbH – Product and service
Exhibit 45: Acronis International GmbH-Key news
Exhibit 46: Acronis International GmbH – Key offerings
10.4 Alphabet Inc.
Exhibit 47: Alphabet Inc. – Overview
Exhibit 48: Alphabet Inc. – Business segments
Exhibit 49: Alphabet Inc.- Key news
Exhibit 50: Alphabet Inc. – Key offerings
Exhibit 51: Alphabet Inc. – Segment focus
10.5 Amazon.com Inc.
Exhibit 52: Amazon.com Inc. – Overview
Exhibit 53: Amazon.com Inc. – Business segments
Exhibit 54: Amazon.com Inc.- Key news
Exhibit 55: Amazon.com Inc. – Key offerings
Exhibit 56: Amazon.com Inc. – Segment focus
10.6 Cisco Systems Inc.
Exhibit 57: Cisco Systems Inc. – Overview
Exhibit 58: Cisco Systems Inc. – Business segments
Exhibit 59: Cisco Systems Inc.-Key news
Exhibit 60: Cisco Systems Inc. – Key offerings
Exhibit 61: Cisco Systems Inc. – Segment focus
10.7 Dell Technologies Inc.
Exhibit 62: Dell Technologies Inc. – Overview
Exhibit 63: Dell Technologies Inc. – Business segments
Exhibit 64: Dell Technologies Inc.- Key news
Exhibit 65: Dell Technologies Inc. – Key offerings
Exhibit 66: Dell Technologies Inc. – Segment focus
10.8 Fujitsu Ltd.
Exhibit 67: Fujitsu Ltd. – Overview
Exhibit 68: Fujitsu Ltd. – Business segments
Exhibit 69: Fujitsu Ltd. – Key offerings
Exhibit 70: Fujitsu Ltd. – Segment focus
10.9 International Business Machines Corp.
Exhibit 71: International Business Machines Corp. – Overview
Exhibit 72: International Business Machines Corp. – Business segments
Exhibit 73: International Business Machines Corp.- Key news
Exhibit 74: International Business Machines Corp. – Key offerings
Exhibit 75: International Business Machines Corp. – Segment focus
10.10 Microsoft Corp.
Exhibit 76: Microsoft Corp. – Overview
Exhibit 77: Microsoft Corp. – Business segments
Exhibit 78: Microsoft Corp.- Key news
Exhibit 79: Microsoft Corp. – Key offerings
Exhibit 80: Microsoft Corp. – Segment focus
10.11 NetApp Inc.
Exhibit 81: NetApp Inc. – Overview
Exhibit 82: NetApp Inc. – Business segments
Exhibit 83: NetApp Inc. – Key offerings
Exhibit 84: NetApp Inc. – Segment focus
10.12 Quantum Corp.
Exhibit 85: Quantum Corp. – Overview
Exhibit 86: Quantum Corp. – Business segments
Exhibit 87: Quantum Corp. – Key news
Exhibit 88: Quantum Corp. – Key offerings
Exhibit 89: Quantum Corp. – Segment focus
11.1 Scope of the report
11.1.1 Market definition
11.1.3 Notes and caveats
11.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
Exhibit 90: Currency conversion rates for US$
11.3 Research Methodology
Exhibit 91: Research Methodology
Exhibit 92: Validation techniques employed for market sizing
Exhibit 93: Information sources
11.4 List of abbreviations
Exhibit 94: List of abbreviations
Technavio is a leading global technology research and advisory company. Their research and analysis focuses on emerging market trends and provides actionable insights to help businesses identify market opportunities and develop effective strategies to optimize their market positions. With over 500 specialized analysts, Technavio’s report library Their client base consists of enterprises of all sizes, including more than 100 Fortune 500 companies. This growing client base relies on Technavio’s comprehensive coverage, extensive research, and actionable market insights to identify opportunities in existing and potential markets and assess their competitive positions within changing market scenarios.
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/backup-as-a-service-market-size-to-grow-by-usd-14-29-billion-from-2020-to-2025–driven-by-increasing-demand-to-shift-from-capex-to-opex-model–technavio-301536922.html
The content is by PR Newswire. Headlines of Today Media is not responsible for the content provided or any links related to this content. Headlines of Today Media is not responsible for the correctness, topicality or the quality of the content.