The market for sleep apnea therapeutics and diagnostics in the Asia-Pacific is likely to progress with a CAGR of 8.50% in the forecast years from 2021 to 2028. China, Japan, India, Australia & New Zealand, ASEAN countries, South Korea, and Rest of APAC together constitute the market in this region.
The market in Singapore is emerging, owing to the rising healthcare expenditure and the integration of technology in its healthcare system. There is a designated sleep center in the country, named SingHealth Duke-NUS Sleep Centre, where the patients of the SingHealth institution are referred to seek sleep apnea diagnosis and treatment. The diagnosis is made using various techniques, like polysomnography testing and cardiorespiratory testing. The center also offers CPAP therapy and oral appliances therapy for sleep apnea treatment.
The market in South Korea is primarily driven by advancements in technology. For instance, various local companies, like NuEyne and Ybrain, are working on developing wearable devices to treat sleep apnea.
Moreover, advancements in sleep diagnosis also include the utilization of piezoelectric sensors for pulse oximetry in sleep apnea patients. Further, COPD is one of the leading causes of death in the country, among people aged 80 years or older. This is a major health concern. With the expected increase in the population of the older adults, the demand for sleep apnea devices in South Korea is expected to increase, thus benefiting market growth.
- Awareness Related to the Negative Impact of Untreated Sleep Apnea
- Rise in Geriatric Population and Obesity Cases
- Disturbed Sleep Due to Increased Use of Gadgets at Night-Time
- High Cost of Sleep Apnea Devices
- Unfavorable Reimbursement Landscape
- Lack of Patient Adherence to the Treatment Recommended
- Increasing Usage of At-Home Monitoring Devices
- Advancements in Technology
- BMC Medical Co Ltd
- Braebon Medical Corporation
- Cadwell Industries Inc
- Devilbiss Healthcare LLC
- Fisher & Paykel Healthcare Corporation Limited
- GE Healthcare (General Electric Company)
- Invacare Corporation
- Itamar Medical Ltd
- Koninklijke Philips Nv
- Medtronic plc
- Nihon Kohden Corporation
- Signifier Medical Technologies Limited
- Resmed Inc
- Smiths Medical Inc
- Somnomedics GmbH
- Teleflex Incorporated
- Vyaire Medical Inc
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/66kdmx
The content is by Business Wire. Headlines of Today Media is not responsible for the content provided or any links related to this content. Headlines of Today Media is not responsible for the correctness, topicality or the quality of the content.