Virat Kohli Age, Height, Wife, Girlfriend, Family, Biography & more
Virat Kohli Net Worth in 2021, The only Indian on the Forbes world’s highest-paid athletes list, Virat Kohli is currently the world’s No.1 batsmen. He debuted for Indian national team in 2008 and is the captain of an Indian cricket team. He is the highest earning cricketer worldwide and is one of the highest paid celebrity in our country. Being one of the biggest cricketing icons across the globe, he has received numerous awards including Arjuna Award, Padma Shri, India’s fourth highest civilian award, Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna. Kohli won the Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy, awarded to the best cricketer of the year in 2018, as well as ODI and Test player of the year honours.
Virat Kohli Bio/Wiki
|Net worth:||$ 25 million (approximately Rs 174 crore)|
|Born:||November 5, 1988, Delhi, India|
|Country of Origin:||India|
|Nick Name||Chikoo, Koach|
|Height||1.75 m (5ft 9 in)|
Virat Kohli Net Worth: Salary
- Currently under BCCI top A+ contract which includes only three players (Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli and Jasprit Bumrah) which guarantee an annual salary of $1 million.
- Earns match fees of $ 1 million per annum for the national and international cricket matches turning out to be a highest earning cricketer in India along with MS Dhoni.
- He plays for Indian Premier League team Royal Challengers Bangalore with the annual contract which pays him Rs 17 crore. According to ESPN website, he’s the highest paid IPL player currently.
- Kohli is a proud owner of, BMW X6, Lamborghini and Range Rover and many others.
- He resides in an elegant bungalow that has been purchased in the capital of the country and in his hometown. This bungalow costs nearly Rs 80 crore.
- Virat Kohli and Anushka Sharma moved to a sea-facing apartment in Worli (34th floor), Mumbai and this property cost Rs 9 crore.
- Delhi ka Ladka, recently purchased a ‘Sky Bungalow’ in Mumbai, for $5.3 million.
- He has an Audi R8 LMS and an Audi S6, and Audi R8 V10, an Audi A8 Quattro and an Audi Q7. He also has a Renault Duster and Toyota Fortuner, as well as a number of sport bikes.
Virat Kohli Net Worth Assets & Investments
- Co-owner of FC Goa (Indian Super League club). He has invested around Rs 1 crore and owns the stakes around 25 percent.
- Apart from sports, he has his own fashion brand named WROGN which works on the field of youth fashion venture.
- He is associated with Sport Convo. It is a multi-sport tech-startup based in London.
- Virat, Delhi ka Ladka, a fitness freak has set up his own chain of gyms, named ‘Chysel Gym and Fitness Center’
- Like other celebrities, Virat Kohli also ventures into the restaurant business. It is Nueva in New Delhi which serves South American cuisine.
- Virat Kohli earns a huge chunk of his income from his endorsements of brands like Colgate-Palmolive, Puma, Audi, MRF, Tissot and has done shoots for many personal care companies as well and has 17 companies on his list as of now.
- Recently, entered into an eight-year contract with a $ 17 million deal with sportswear brand Puma. He extended his bat sponsorship deal for 8 years for $ 15 million with the Indian tire giants MRF.
- The cricketer, Virat Kohli charges almost $1 million a day for his shoots, the most in-demand star when it comes to endorsements in Indian cricket history. His endorsements bring him $19 million, a figure which is reported to go upto $34 million in recent years.
- In 2017, his brand value stands at a staggering $144 million, and he overtook Shahrukh Khan as the country’s top-ranking celebrity brand.
- ‘Virat Kohli Foundation’ (VKF) collaborates with various NGOs in India to help raise funds and help children.
- He captains the football team named All Hearts owned by VFK. This team plays against Abhishek Bachchan’s All Stars for charity matches.
Virat Kohli, Delhi ka Ladka was born on 5 November 1988 in Delhi into a Punjabi family. Prem Kohli, his father worked as a criminal lawyer and his mother, Saroj Kohli, is a housewife. He has an older sister, Bhavna and an older brother, Vikas. When he was three-years-old, Kohli would pick up a cricket bat, start swinging it and ask his father to bowl at him, according to his family.
Kohli trained at the academy under Rajkumar Sharma. He had also played many matches at the Sumeet Dogra Academy at Vasundhara Enclave at the same time.
He did his schooling from Vishal Bharti Public School, Uttam Nagar. He debuted for Indian national team in 2008
“I’ve seen a lot in life and then losing my father at a young age. staying in a rented place, the family business was not doing too well. There were tough times and it’s all fitted in my memory”, Kohli has said in an interview regarding his early life.
His father supported his cricket training during his childhood and he was his biggest support. “He was the one who drove me to practice every day. I miss his presence sometimes“, according to Kohli.
- Virat Kohli first played for Delhi Under-15 team in October 2002, Polly Umrigar Trophy. In that tournament, he made appreciable 172 runs at an average of 34.40. With appreciable work, he became the captain of the team for the 2003–04 Polly Umrigar Trophy where he scored 390 runs in 5 innings at an average of 78 including two centuries and two fifties.
- Kohli was selected in the India Under-19 squad on its tour of England in July 2006. India Under-19 went on to win both the series where he averaged 105 in the three-match ODI series against England and 49 in the three-match Test series.
- At the age of 18, he made his first-class debut for Delhi against Tamil Nadu on November 2006 and scored 10 in his debut innings.
- He came into the spotlight in December 2006 when he decided to play for his team against Karnataka on the day after his father’s death and went on to score 90.
- He was bought by the Indian Premier League(IPL) franchise Royal Challengers Bangalore for $30,000 on a youth contract, following the Under-19 World Cup.