Selena Gomez Net Worth in 2020: Selena Gomez has been making waves globally as an actress, film producer, global philanthropist, and a singer. She gained a lot of recognition for her appearance on the Disney Channel television show ‘Wizards of Waverly Place. Gomez has sold 3.4 million albums and 24.3 songs and has had 20 Top 40 hits breaking a record for the longest active run of any artist in 2018. She is one of world’s highest-paid actress, most popular celebrities and has received numerous awards including ALMA Award, an American Music Award, two Billboard Women in Music Awards, an MTV Video Music Award, an iHeartRadio Music Award and sixteen Teen Choice Awards, as well as ten Guinness World Records.
Selena Gomez Net Worth in 2020
|Net worth:||$75 million|
|Born:||July 22, 1992|
|Country of Origin:||Grand Prairie, Texas, United States of America|
|Height||5 ft 4 in (1.65 m)|
|Weight||117 lbs (53 kg)|
— Selena Gomez (@selenagomez) December 13, 2019
Selena Gomez Properties:
- In 2014, she acquired a large house which cost her $3.69 million on 3.15 acres in a Calabasas gated community. She tried to sell this house for $4.495 million but ultimately took a small loss.
- In 2015, she spent a huge amount to buy a very large home in Fort Worth, Texas. She listed that house in 2016 and 2017 for $3.499 million and then listed again in 2018 for $2.999 million.
- In 2017, she acquired a relatively-modest home in Studio City, California for $2.249 million and listed it for sale for $2.799 million, a year later.
What Contributed To Selena Gomez Net Worth?
- According to Business Insider, Selena Gomez earns $800,000 (Dhs2.9 million) for every single Instagram post.
- When the artist was 17 years old, she was earning $30,000 per episode of Disney’s Wizards of Waverly Place, just over $3 million for her work on Wizards. (December 2009)
- Selena was the face of activewear company, Puma in September of 2017. It was the two-year deal in which Puma paid her a total of $30 million for collaboration.
- In December 2016 she signed an endorsement deal with luxury brand, bag maker, Coach which paid her $10 million and released a limited-edition collection of handbags called “Selena Grace”, designed in collaboration with Coach.
- Her first solo album, “Stars Dance” went on to become her first number one album on the Billboard 200 chart. According to Money Inc, it grossed an estimated $11 million.
- Launched her own production company, July Moon Productions of whose estimated worth raised to $6.8 million.
- She sold 24.3 million songs and 3.4 million albums total which increased her worth from $250,000 to $8.5 million just like that.
|Years||Thanks To||Net Worth|
|December 2019||Disney’s Wizards of Waverly Place||$1 million|
|2011||July Moon Productions, animated film Horton Hears a Who, which went on to gross nearly $300 million worldwide.||topped $5 million|
|April 2013||Debut solo album, Stars Dance||broke $10 million|
|2015||Largely to Instagram (earns $800,000/post)||topped $18 million|
|mid-2018||Puma deal, Coach deal and more||topped $60 million|
|2019||Album sales, countless singles, acting career||$75 million.|
As a global philanthropist
- In October 2008, Gomez was named UNICEF’s spokesperson for the Trick-or-Treat for UNICEF campaign, providing children with the lifesaving assistance. She became the youngest UNICEF ambassador in August 2009, when she was just 17 years old.
- Selena Gomez raised over $700,000 for the charity in 2008, hosted a live webcast series on Facebook and participated in a celebrity auction in support of the Trick-or-Treat for UNICEF campaign.
- She serves as a role of a spokesperson for State Farm Insurance. The artist appeared in numerous television commercials, which aired on the Disney Channel, in order to raise awareness of being a safe driver which eventually gained a lot of spotlight and awareness.
Selena Gomez was born on July 22, 1992, Grand Prairie, Texas, United States of America. Her mother, who was adopted, has some Italian ancestry while her father is of Mexican descent.
When she was five years old, Selena Gomez’s parents divorced. She remained with her mother with two younger half-sisters: Victoria “Tori” Gomez through Ricardo and his wife Sara Gomez and Gracie Elliot Teefey through Amanda and her second husband Brian Teefey.
Her mother was sixteen years old when Gomez was born. The family faced financial troubles during Gomez’s childhood. Gomez said, her mom worked very hard to provide a better life for her. She further added that having her at 16 had to have been a big responsibility where her mother gave up everything for her, had three jobs, sacrificed her life for her.
Gomez had a very close relationship with her grandparents as a child, who often took care of her while her parents finished their schooling, and they “raised her” up until she found success in the entertainment industry.
Selena Gomez began her career as a child actress, within minor roles in several television shows.
|2007–2012||· She worked in popular Disney Channel series Hannah Montana in 2007 |
· Auditioned for a role in the Disney’s Wizards of Waverly Place, ultimately winning the lead role of Alex Russo.
· In the animated film, Horton Hears a Who, Gomez had the supporting role of Helga.
· On 2009, Gomez starred in Wizards of Waverly Place: The Movie, a television film.
|· The series, Wizards of Waverly Place quickly became a hit for the network and was a huge success. |
· The film, Horton Hears a Who, was a commercial success and gross nearly $300 million worldwide
· The television premiered to an audience of 11.4 million viewers. It became cable’s No. 1 scripted telecast of 2009.
· Her music career began as part of her band, Selena Gomez & the Scene in 2009. The band released three studio albums and went on three international and national tours.
|2013–2016||· Stars Dance, the first solo album was released on July 23, 2013, and Revival Tour” also was a huge success which embarked $35.6 million. |
· Gomez released “Good for You” (2015). She created many hit singles like “Same Old Love” and “I Want You To Know,” with her collaboration with Zedd.
· She collaborated with Charlie Puth, “We Don’t Talk Anymore” (2016)
|· Stars Dance became one on the US Billboard 200 chart. It sold 97,000 copies in its first week and it remained in the top ten in its second week which embarked a $20.3 million at the box office. |
· The song, Good for You, sold 179,000 copies in its first week of release alone.
· The collaboration reached the top ten in the United States and went on to top the Mainstream Top 40 chart
· Gomez serves as executive producer of the 13 Reasons Why popular Netflix show and even contributed a few songs to the series’ soundtracks.