Eddie Murphy is an American comedian, actor, voice actor and singer. He has worked as a stand-up comedian and his films have grossed nearly USD 6.7 billion at the worldwide box office. He is the 6th highest-grossing actor in the United States. With all of that well-deserved attention and sheer hard work, Eddie Murphy has a net worth of USD 130 million as of 2020.
Eddie Murphy Net Worth 2020
|Net worth||USD 130 million (2020)|
|Full Name||Edward Regan Murphy|
|Born||April 3, 1961|
|Birth Place||New York City, New York, U.S.|
|Profession||Actor, Comedian, Singer|
|Genres||Observational comedy, musical comedy, blue comedy|
|Wife||Nicole Mitchell (m. 1993; div. 2006)|
|Height||5 ft 8 in (175 cm)|
|Weight||In kilograms: 77 kg; In pounds: 170 lbs|
Eddie Murphy Properties
With millions in hands, the comedian, Eddie Murphy currently living a lavish lifestyle on 40,000 sq. foot property in Beverly Hills of worth USD 10 million mansions. His neighbours are Rod Stewart and Denzel Washington. The Eddie Murphy property in Beverly Hills has 2 rooms – 9 bathrooms 9 bedrooms. The property has a tennis court, large pool, library and bowling alley.
He also has a number of lavish properties under his hat but some are sold now. This includes:
- Eddie Murphy house in Bubble Hill which he sold at the price of USD 12 million to Alicia Keys. The mansion was actually listed at USD 30 million.
- He also owned a property in Granite Bay, California (near Sacramento) where he resided with Nicole Murphy, his ex-wife. The property now belongs to Nicole and is listed at the price of USD 6.5 million.
- Eddie spent USD 15 million in 2007 for a 15-acre private island in the Bahamas. The island also known as Rooster Cay and also owned a private island called Pearl Island.
Eddie Murphy Cars
The million-dollar actor Eddie Murphy is also a big fan of supercars and classic vehicles. The comedian has an expensive car collection standing in his garage of different brands.
Eddie Murphy Cars collections include:
- Rolls Royce Wraith – USD 370,550
- Mercedes-Benz SLS – USD 189,000
- Aston Martin – USD 199,995
- Ferrari 599 – USD 99000
- Rolls Royce Phantom – USD 470,000
- Jeep Wrangler – USD 31,000
- Rolls Royce Phantom Drophead Coupe – USD 468,065
What Contributed To Eddie Murphy Net Worth?
With an astonishing net worth of USD 130 million, the comedian Eddie Murphy has made millions through his endorsements, high-profile collaborations, acting, and comedy shows and events. Eddie Murphy earned at least USD 250 million in film salaries and backend points.
Eddie Murphy Earnings From Social Media
According to Socialblade, Eddie Murphy Vevo channel earns USD 25.1k-USD 401.5k every year breaking into USD 2.1k-USD 33.5k per month. He gets 20% of the earnings from this channel.
From his own Eddie Murphy YouTube channel, his monthly earnings are USD 6-USD 97 while he makes USD 73-USD 1.2k yearly.
Eddie Murphy Movies
Eddie Murphy got his first leading role in the Beverly Hills Cop (1984), the successful action comedy film which grossed over USD 230 million at the U.S. box office. The film became the third-highest amongst “R” rated films.
Eddie Murphy has made hefty dollars from his appearances in many blockbuster movies including:
|Year||Eddie Murphy Movies||Box Office Collections (Worldwide)|
|2011||Tower Heist||USD 152.9 million|
|2010||Shrek Forever After||USD 752.6 million|
|2007||Norbit||USD 159.3 million|
|2007||Shrek the Third||USD 799 million|
|2006||Dreamgirls||USD 154.8 million|
|2004||Shrek 2||USD 919.8 million|
|2003||The Haunted Mansion||USD 182.3 million|
|2003||Daddy Day Care||USD 164.4 million|
|2001||Shrek||USD 484.4 million|
|1998||Dr, Deloitte||USD 294.4 million|
|1998||Mulan||USD 304.3 million|
|1996||The Nutty Professor||USD 274 million|
|1992||Boomerang||USD 131 million|
|1988||Coming to America||USD 288.7 million|
|1987||Beverly Hills Cop II||USD 300 million|
|1984||Beverly Hills Cop||USD 316.4 million|
|1983||Trading Places||USD 90.4 million|
|1982||48 Hrs.||USD 78.9 million|
Eddie Murphy Salary
Eddie Murphy has made hefty dollars from his appearances in comedy shows, events and movies. Check out Eddie Murphy Salary below:
- Eddie’s first major paycheck came in 1984 film Best Defense when he earned USD 1 million
- For the film 1994’s Beverly Hills Cop III he earned USD 15 million, which is roughly USD 25 million in today’s dollars.
- He received 20% of the gross receipts form the film Nutty Professor II, which brought his total payday to more than USD 50 million from the film.
- The actor earned
- USD 16 million for (1996) The Nutty Professor,
- USD 17.5 million for (1998) Doctor Dolittle,
- USD 20 million for (2000) Nutty Professor II.
- The comedian Eddie earned just USD 4,500 per episode of 1981 Saturday Night Live and the following year Murphy’s salary was raised to USD 30,000 per episode.
- He earned USD 8 million for Coming to America and Beverly Hills Cop II films
- Eddie then earned
- USD 3 million for Shrek (2001),
- USD 20 million from Doctor Dolittle 2 (2001),
- USD 20 million for The Adventures of Pluto Nash (2002),
- USD 10 million for Shrek 2 (2004),
- USD 4 million for Shrek Forever, and
- USD 7.5 million from Tower Heist (2011)
Eddie Murphy Netflix Project
According to media reports, Eddie Murphy was in news to earn USD 70 million to record a comedy series specials for Netflix in July 2019. The amount is USD 10 million more than Dave Chappelle earned (USD 60 million) for his 3-special deal.
Early Life and Career
Eddie Murphy was born in Brooklyn, New York City on April 3, 1961, to Lillian and Charles Edward Murphy. His father was a comedian, transit police officer and his mother was a television operator.
That Nigger’s Crazy, Richard Pryor’s comedy album inspired him to become a comedian at the age of 15. He marked the beginning of his career on July 9, 1976, after performing Roosevelt Youth Center talent show where he did an impersonation of singer Al Green.
Eddie Murphy made his big-screen debut in 1982 in the film 48 Hrs. with Nick Nolte and was a hit. His next film Trading Places was a massive hit at the box office than 48 Hrs.
He released his first single in many years in 2013 titled “Red Light”. He has released three studio albums namely So Happy (1989), How Could It Be (1985) and Love’s Alright (1993)
For his performances and outstanding career, he has been honoured with awards Mark Twain Prize for American Humor, and Golden Globe Award nominations for his performances in Beverly Hills Cop series, 48 Hrs, The Nutty Professor, The Trading Places, and Dolemite Is My Name.
Eddie Murphy Kids
The million-dollar comedian Eddie Murphy is a father of 10 children. He shares one son Eric with Paulette McNeely and Christian with girlfriend Tamara Hood. Murphy has five kids — son Miles Mitchell and daughters Bella Zahra, Shayne Audra, Bria, Zola Ivy, and — with his ex-wife, Nicole Mitchell.
Eddie Murphy had a daughter named Izzy Oona and son named Max Charles, by Australian model Paige Butcher, whom he had been dating since 2012.