Hearing lockdowns everywhere! Truly, COVID-19 or we say coronavirus has changed our life activities. There is a pause in social activities, and staying at home for a long period of time is quite difficult. But, we have no choice left! As still vaccination research going on, the only option we get is to stay at home to break the chain. The most important thing is to care about our health to increase our immune system by following some tips at home.
But before that, it’s also equally important for us to stay away from rumours. Just stop forwarding any messages/photos before researching on social networking sites. It creates less panic and true information gathers positivity among people which is important for mental health.
Do not over consume social media messages, rather limit the news and better to read authentic information coming from WHO and related sources.
How to protect yourself against Coronavirus?
WHO has provided with several directives to stay safe. They include:
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water;
- Cover your face when you cough or sneeze, or with your elbow or with a tissue that you immediately dispose of;
- Avoid touching nose, eyes and mouth;
- Maintain hygiene and clean surfaces and objects you touch often;
- Seek medical attention if you have a cough, fever, and difficulty breathing, call in advance who will quickly direct you to the right health facility.
Visit the WHO official website to know more: Click here
Tips For Mental Health To Bear Up With Coronavirus Crises
Here are some mental tips you can make a friendship with.
- Well, looking at the positive side, this is a great opportunity for everyone to look back and find something that needs improvement.
- Accept that everyone is going through a hard time and therefore acknowledge yourself in the space you are in. Come back with questions like what made you choose this career and how you can take the current situation in the advantage for yourself.
- Video chats, playing indoor games is the best way to keep your mental health at its best. Talk to friends whom you lost connect with and bring back memories you lost due to busy schedule. Playing games will sharp your mind and will not make you feel isolated. It keeps the spirit alive.
- Watch movies at Netflix or Amazon of your choice. Read books you wanted to read but not able to because of the tight schedule. E-books are also available. Take up online classes and learn something new. This is a great time and takes the current situation in your favour.
- Practice social isolation and personal hygiene.
Read more about the Coronavirus and coronavirus Quarantine
How To Work From Home Effectively?
If you have a habit of making To-do list every day, then working from home will not be difficult for you. Choose a perfect place with your comfortable chair and discover your high productivity timings. And don’t forget to celebrate smaller wins.
Principles to Remember:
- Create a dedicated workspace
- Let your family know, you are unavailable for some period of time
- Make a schedule
- Allow natural light into your workspace as it boosts up Vitamin D levels
- Work at a place where enough electric outlets are available, so you don’t have to go-to charging point every time.
- Try taking a 15-minute walk(break) inside your home
Workouts To Stay Fit During Coronavirus
“Physical exercise is also important to stay healthy”
As we all know, local gym and fitness studio has shut its doors due to lockdowns in various cities and localities. So, what a gym lover will do? Here are 5 workouts for anyone who wants to stay FIT, HEALTHY and ENERGETIC can go for the following.
- Jumping Jacks (Warm-up exercise)
Jumping Jack is a physical jumping exercise with the hands touching overhead and the legs spread wide. Well, it’s a fun whole-body exercise that instantly elevates our mood.
- Keep our heart healthy
- Improve Coordination
- Improve Flexibility
- Aid Weight Loss
- Improve Stamina And Stability
Also known as plyometric training, jumping helps to build strength and correct any muscle imbalance. It also includes single-leg jump ups, two leg jumps, long jump, a box jump and so on
- Improve Strength and Power
- Build Muscle
- Injury Prevention
Pushups are fast and effective exercise. It is a compound exercise that uses muscles in the chest, triceps, shoulders, abs, back, and even the legs. Please note, correct formation is very important.
- Increase Functional Strength
- Improve Your Posture
- Muscle Stretching for Vitality and Health