After considering the increasing importance of Aadhaar Card, UIDAI has launched a blue coloured special Baal Aadhaar Card for children below five years of age. And all the children below age five do not require to present biometric details to acquire it.
Aadhaar Card is becoming mandatory for everyone to make use of the government schemes along with many other activities like SIM card or else while opening a new bank account. UIDAI tweeted on its social media account regarding this and supposed that blue coloured Bal Aadhaar Card will be issued for children below five years of age. After when the child completes its five years, then he or she can be eligible to submit the biometric authentication for it.
Steps for getting Baal Aadhaar Card number for children below five years of age
As per another tweet by UIDAI, for enrollment of Aaadhar Card for children Child’s birth certificate along with Aaadhar card number of one of the parents is necessary. Below we have listed the steps for getting Baal Aadhaar Card number:
- You have to visit enrolment centre and also have to fill out the enrollment form available.
- You have to give child’s birth certificate along with Aadhaar number of one of the parents for the authentication process. It is mandatory to present the Aaadhar Card of one of the parent’s for enrollment of Baal Aaadhar Card.
- You also have to provide a mobile number.
- No biometrics will be recorded as the age of applicant will be below five years. The only photograph will be sufficient. Biometric would be updated after the completion of five years of age of the child.
- A photograph of your child will be clicked, and Baal Aaadhar Card would be linked with the UID, i.e. Aaadhar card number of his or her parents.
- After completion of the registration along with verification process, an SMS will be sent to the registered mobile number. Baal Aadhaar Card will be issued within the sixty days of receiving SMS.
However, there is no kind of compulsion regarding the registration of Baal Aadhaar Card of children at such small age. Though, it would be needed to be eligible for overseas education along with to acquire government scholarships.
The procedure of updating these Baal Aadhaar Cards will be similar as that of a normal Aadhaar card. It will require biometrics of ten fingers, iris as well as the facial photograph. The similar procedure has to be repeated when the child completes 15 years of age.