PAN card is issued by the Income Tax Department under the supervision of Central Board of Direct Taxes. In order to experience income tax services, it is mandatory for the citizens to link PAN card with Aadhaar card. The final date to link PAN with Aadhaar is March 31, 2019.
How to link PAN with Aadhaar
It is necessary to be aware that the tax department will now not process the returns until PAN and Aadhaar are linked. So it’s vital to link your Aadhaar with PAN. There are two methods to link PAN and Aadhaar. Those are:
- Through the Income Tax e-filing website
- Via Sending an SMS
Linking PAN with Aadhaar through the e-filing web site
As a taxpayer, you could visit the reliable e-filing website of the department to link PAN card with aadhaar card. Follow the below procedures
- Open Income Tax e-Filing website to link your PAN and Aadhaar.
- Enter your aadhaar number and PAN in the given form
- Enter your name as stated for your Aadhaar card.
- Now input the captcha code stated within the image for confirmation.
- Tap on “Link Aadhaar” button.
- A pop-up note will appear that your Aadhaar is linked with your PAN.
How to Link PAN card with Aadhaar via Sending an SMS
You can link Aadhaar with PAN by following below steps-
- Type a message UIDPAN<12 Digit Aadhaar> <10 Digit PAN>
- Then, send the SMS to both 567678 and 56161 from your registered mobile number
- For instance, in case your Aadhaar number is 92534327819 and your PAN is ADBCE1544F, you have to type UIDPAN 92534327819 ADBCE1544F and send the message to either 567678 or 56161
The advantages of Linking PAN with Aadhaar
Linking your PAN card with Aadhaar may be very vital for the subsequent reasons:
- PAN cards that aren’t connected with Aadhaar will be deactivated post the deadline. The authorities have made it necessary to link all PAN card with Aadhaar.
- Linking PAN card with Aadhaar facilitates in stopping the hassle of more than one PAN cards distributed inside the similar name
- If your PAN isn’t linked with Aadhaar Your ITR could now not be passed
- If you linked the PAN card with Aadhaar you will receive summarized info of taxes levied for future quotation.