Complete Guidelines for aadhar card update, As you know, after launching of Aadhar program in 2009, a lot of changes you might have been found like the changes in your surnames (marriage), new mobile numbers or moving to the new residence. It’s important to update your new personal information in aadhar card as it affects your future. Don’t you aware of how to update Aadhaar Card online?
Don’t worry! UIDAI has made it easier by providing Aadhar Card Update form online. Here in this blog, we are providing you detailed information to update name, Aadhar card address, mobile number, email id and date of birth.
How to accomplish successful Aadhar Card Update Online
In order to modify your personal details online on aadhar card, follow below steps
- Go to the website of UIDAI to update the details
- Enter your Aadhaar Card number properly and complete the text verification process. After that click on the link “Send OTP”
- Enter the OTP (which have been sent to your enrolled mobile number) in the given field and submit.
- Now select the field where the change has to be done.
- Scan and upload the proof of the updated information that has been submitted.
- After your submission of info, a URN (Update Request Number) will be generated to track the Aadhar card info changes.
- You can download or print a copy including the URN. Once each info has been updated you can take the printout of new Aadhar card.
How to accomplish successful Aadhar Card Update through Post
You can also update your info on aadhar card in, the offline mode by sending the application to UIDAI office through the post. You should follow below steps.
- Download and take print out of application form through UIDAI official website to update your required info on Aadhar.
- Fill the information which you want to change your Aadhar card.
- Attach the valid documents to certify the changes you have entered in the form.
- Put both form and documents in single envelope and send to the below postal address
Post Box No. 10,
Madhya Pradesh – 480001,
Post Box No. 99,
Hyderabad – 500034,
How to accomplish successful Aadhar Card Update by visiting Aadhar center
Residents cannot update every kind of details in their aadhar card update form through online method. Unfortunately, the only address can be updated through online process. If a person requires updating his/her name, Mobile number, Email ID, date of birth, and gender should visit an aadhar enrollment center
See below procedures how you can accomplish it easily by visiting Aadhaar Enrolment Centre
- Fill the Aadhar info update form which is given you in enrollment center.
- Verify the entered details once again to prevent rejection of application
- Provide self-attested copies for validating your changes have been made on the aadhar card.
- The aadhar cardholder should pay Rs 25 for such services done by the Enrolment Centre.
How to correct Address in Aadhaar Card on UIDAI’s website?
If a person moved to some other residence he/she need to change an address in Aadhaar. The address can be changed several times easily through the online portal. Here are the complete instructions on how to change the address in Aadhaar online.
- Open the website uidai.gov.in. Click on Self Service Update Portal
- Type your Aadhaar card number and click on the below link Send OTP
- Enter the OTP (received through registered mobile number) to proceed
- Now choose the link address update request (online) to update the address.
- After entering your current residential address on the provided field click on the ‘submit’ button.
- Now you must attach the valid proof of address
- choose your BPO for verification
- After submission of your request Update, Request number (URN) will be generated to track the application status
The guidelines to change your Name, photo, date of birth, mobile number, email id and gender in your Aadhaar Card
In case, Aadhar cardholders want to modify their incorrect names/photo/date of birth/mobile number/email id/gender on aadhar card, then they must visit Aadhar enrollment centre as we told previously(It can’t be done through online process) The given guidelines in this segment will help people who have different info in their aadhar card and PAN card as it may affect some important tasks.
- Visit the Aadhaar Enrolment Centre
- Take aadhar update form from the enrollment office executive
- Mention your name/date of birth/mobile number/email id/gender correctly in the request form. No need to mention your previous mobile number
- Provide your correct photo if you need to replace
- Provide the relevant Proof of Identity (PoI) to the executive. You need not provide proof of your mobile number update.
- The executive will enroll your request for update in aadhar
- You will get an acceptance slip containing URN ((Update Request Number) to check the Aadhar update status online
- You will be charged ₹ 25/- for getting this service.
Required proof of identity (PoI) Documents for the Aadhar card update request are
- PAN card.
- Passport(if you have)
- Voter Identification card.
- Ration card
- Legally approved certificate of name change
- Handicapped medical certificate
- Driving license (if you have)
- Photo Credit card.
- Marriage certificate
- Supported proof of address (POA) Documents Required for Aadhar Updating or Correction
- Statement of bank
- Passbook of bank
- electricity bill(not older than 3 months)
- Telephone bill(not older than 3 months)
- Water bill (not older than 3 months)
- Property Tax of the last 3 months.
- Kisan passbook(if required)
- Address Certificate issued by the authority rural areas.
Specific Proof of Identity (POI) required for updating date of birth on aadhar card
- Birth certificate
- Passport (if you have)
- SSLC certificate
Essential things you must follow during aadhar card update
- The required details must be entered in capital letters
- The changes that have made on the form must be correct and documents must be standard.
- Make sure that all the details entered in the correction form are filled in capital letters.
- The updated new Aadhar card will be delivered to the address which is mentioned in the Aadhaar card and at that time resident should be present in his residence
- The documents must be attested by the cardholder
- Keep the URN safely as it would assist the aadhar holder to ensure the status of the update.
- Don’t use any designations while entering the name of the aadhar holder.
Reasons for the rejections of aadhar card update requests
- All documents should be self-attested by the cardholder
- If the information entered in the form does not match with the document, aadhar card update won’t be processed
- The update form should not be incomplete or be full of any mistakes
- Proper documents must be sent for appropriate verification of update. Otherwise, correction request would not be processed.
You can send the update request once again if your previous request is rejected due to some reasons
FAQs on Aadhar card update
Can I change my Aadhar card information via internet?
Yes, you can update only your address in Aadhaar card through online portal UIDAI. And for updating other info you must visit your nearest Aadhaar Enrolment Centre.
How do I correct my all the information on aadhar card?
In case, you need to make all the changes in aadhar card then you must visit Aadhaar Enrolment Centre. Every demographic and biometric info can be submitted offline.
Should I provide any proof to address update online on aadhar card?
Yes, after submission of your new address you have to attach the scanned documents which supports your address. in case your documents are improper address update will be rejected
How can I enroll my mobile number with aadhar to avail the online facility related to aadhar?
Visit nearby aadhar enrollment centers and ask them to register your mobile number with your aadhar. For this No need to provide any proof
Should I submit any Proof of documents for changing my mobile number?
No, you only fill the Aadhar Enrolment/Correction Form with new mobile number and pay Rs 25 for availing service.
Should I enter my information in English only?
You can submit your information in any language in whichever you are proficient. There is no issue in any language while aadhar card update.
Are there any issues if my mobile number is not enrolled in my aadhar card number?
In case your mobile number is not enrolled with aadhar
number, you could not get online facilities of UIDAI associated to Aadhaar. You can link your aadhar
with your mobile number by taking help of Aadhaar Enrolment Centre.
May I change my information on aadhar via offline modes?
Yes, you can modify all your biometric and demographic information with the help of your nearest Aadhaar Enrolment Centre.
To which postal address should I send my Aadhar update/correction form with documents?
You have to send your aadhar to update form along with your documents to the below address
Post Box Number 10,
Madhya Pradesh – 480001
Post Box No. 99,
May I download Aadhaar once the information is modified?
Through UIDAI’s website, You can download the updated e-Aadhaar And mAadhaar app will help you to see your new data on aadhar
I have changed my email id.How can I update it on Aadhar?
Go to the Aadhaar Enrolment Centre and fill the new mail id on Aadhaar Enrolment/Correction Form. You ought to pay rupees 25 for availing the service
My child’s aadhar info requires some updates. How can it be done?
You can update your child’s aadhar and attach your Aadhaar card as the proof of your child’s info
Can I modify details after submission of the request for updating online?
No, your info cannot be changed once the request has been submitted. so before submitting check thoroughly once, your update is done in the form
Should I provide my old data while requesting for modification of info on aadhar?
You don’t need to provide any of the old data. Just submit a proof for the new update.