We were able to send photos, videos and documents through WhatsApp. However, from now we can transfer money using Whatsapp by the UPI payment facility launched by WhatsApp. WhatsApp was allowed to launch UPI based payment services in India. Accordingly, this facility is now available.
According to a report by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), WhatsApp was allowed to launch a UPI-based system in India. WhatsApp launched the payment service in June. However, only a few WhatsApp users had the opportunity to use this service. However, the company has now increased this limit.
According to NPCI, Go Live has been approved for the WhatsApp payment facility. WhatsApp was awaiting approval, as the feature had already been tested. Accordingly, the option of WhatsApp payment is now available.
How to activate WhatsApp Pay?
- First of all, go to the App Store or Google Play Store and update your WhatsApp app.
- Now you have to go to WhatsApp settings. If the Payment option appears in Settings, follow your settings.
- After going to the Payments section, you will get the option of New Payment and Add New Payment Method. You will need to add a new payment method.
- Now you need to go to New Payment and select your bank account.
- You will see a list of many banks. After selecting the bank, your account will be verified. There you will find the option of Verify Via SMS. Select it.
- WhatsApp numbers and accounts are linked together. However, the number should be the same, then verification will take place.
- After verification, tap on Finish Payment Setup. You will now have the option to set up the UPI PIN as per the information given in other apps. A UPI PIN must be entered for each payment.
- After the setup is complete, you can send money on WhatsApp as well.
- Open the chat box by tapping on your WhatsApp contact.
- Now you need to go to the attachment icon and select on the Payment option and enter the amount.
- WhatsApp Payment is not only for WhatsApp users but you can also send money to those whose UPI is active.
- You can also send notes or text while sending money.