Micromax launched the Yu Yunique smartphone in September 2015. It comes with Android 5.1.1 Lollipop operating system out of the box. Here in this article, we will show you how to update, download and install Android Oreo on Yu Yunique based on LineageOS 15.
Micromax Yu Yunique comes with 4.7-inch HD display, powered by Quad-core Snapdragon 410 processor under the hood along with Adreno 306. It has 1 GB of RAM and 8 Gb internal storage option. It featured with 8 megapixels camera on the back and 2 megapixels camera on the front side. It is packed with Non-removable Li-Po 2000 mAh battery inside.
The company has not released any OS update for the phone. Recently, Google has launched the Android 8.0 Oreo operating system with many new features. If you have Yu Yunique smartphone and want to update to Android Oreo, then you are at right place. Just follow the article to update, download and install Android Oreo on Yu Yunique based on LineageOs 15 custom ROM.
The LineageOS 15 Android Oreo for Yu Yunique is still in the initial alpha stage and have few bugs. So, proceed at your own risk and we will not be responsible if anything happens to your device.
- Video Playback
- VoLTE is not yet implemented
- Make sure your device charged up to 60%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This tutorial is only for Micromax Yu Yunique. Don’t try it on others devices.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Enable your device USB debugging.
- Take a complete backup of your device.
How to install Android Oreo on Yu Yunique based on LineageOS 15
- Download all the files from links as mentioned earlier and transfer them into internal storage option.
- Now, reboot your device into Recovery mode by pressing and holding power and volume buttons together for few seconds.
- Now, Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
- Now, tap on the install and select the Android Oreo zip file and flash it.
- After installation complete, flash GApps zip file.
- After complete installation, go back to the main memory and reboot your device.
- It will take time to boot while doing first time after installation.
Now your Yu Yunique is running on LineageOS 15 custom ROM which based on Android 8.0 Oreo operating system. If you are facing any problem or issue during the installation, let us know in the comment box.