Xiaomi has launched the Mi Max smartphone back in 2016, it comes with Android 6.0 Marshmallow operating system out of the box. The company already updated the device to Android 7.0 Nougat Operating system. Here in this article, we will show you how to update, download and install Android Oreo on Xiaomi Mi Max based on AOSP custom ROM.
Last month, Google has launched the Android 8.0 Oreo operating system. The Google already released the Android 8.0 Oreo update for its Nexus and Pixel devices. For Xiaomi, it will take few months to release the Android 8.0 Oreo OS update to the Mi Max. If you have Xiaomi Mi Max phone and want to test new Android 8.0 Oreo features on it, then you should go for custom ROMs.
AOSP is one of the best customs ROM which available in the market. Thanks to the developer who develops the AOSP custom ROM which based on Android 8.0 Oreo OS for the Xiaomi Mi Max. Just follow the article completely to update and install Android Oreo on Xiaomi Mi Max based on AOSP ROM. The AOSP ROM is still in initial stage which means it may have bugs, so proceed your own risk.
- Mobile data
- Bluetooth (buggy sometimes)
- Wireless FMRadio (buggy sometimes)
- Sound / vibration
- Random reboots
- Make sure your device charged up to 60%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This tutorial only for Xiaomi Mi Max. Don’t try it on others devices.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Enable your device USB debugging.
- Take a complete backup of your device.
How to install Android Oreo on Xiaomi Mi Max based on AOSP ROM
- Download all the files from links as mentioned earlier and transfer them into internal storage option.
- Now, reboot your device into Recovery mode.
- Now, Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
- Now, tap on the install and select the Android Oreo zip file and flash it.
- After complete installation, go back to the main memory and reboot your device.
- It will take time to boot while doing first time after installation.
You have successfully installed AOSP custom ROM on Xiaomi Mi Max which is based on Android 8.0 Oreo operating system. If you are facing any problem while installation, let us know in the comment section.