Google latest Android Mobile operating system was launched officially by the company, a couple of weeks ago. Google released the Android 8.0 Oreo update for its Pixels series and Nexus devices. If you are waiting for the Android O OS update, then you have to wait minimum 2-3 months. If you don’t want to wait and experience the latest Android 8.0 Oreo OS, then you should go for Customs ROM. Here in this article, we will guide you to how to download and install Android Oreo on Xiaomi Mi 3 based on AOSP custom ROM.
Thanks to the XDA developers Vasishath, who developed the AOSP custom ROM for the Xiaomi Mi 3 which is based on Android 8.0 Oreo operating system. If you want to install Android 8.0 Oreo OS on your Xiaomi Mi 3, then. Follow the complete article step by step to download and install Android Oreo on Xiaomi Mi 3 based on AOSP ROM.
- Make sure your device charged up to 60%.
- Make sure your Xiaomi Mi 3 bootloader is unlocked.
- Ensure that you have installed Custom recovery on your device. Preferably TWRP recovery.
- This tutorial only for Xiaomi Mi 3, Don’t try it on others devices.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Download Android 8.0 Oreo for Xiaomi Mi 3 AOSP custom ROM
- Download GApps
- Download Magisk
- Download Magisk Mana
How to install Android Oreo on Xiaomi Mi 3 based on AOSP custom ROM
- Download the Android Oreo ROM file and GApps zip file from above links and transfer them to your device internal storage.
- Now reboot your device into recovery mode by press and hold volume up and power buttons together. After the see the Mi Logo on display release the power button and keep holding the Volume Up button to boot into recovery mode.
- Tap on Wipe and select advanced Wipe, now select Data Cache, System and Dalvik Cache and swipe at the bottom to wipe.
- Now, again reboot your device into recovery mode.
- Tap on install and select the AOSP ROM zip file and flash it.
- If you want to root access, then download the Magisk Zip file and flash it.
- Now install the GApps.
- Go back to the main menu and reboot your device.