Google has launched the latest Android 8.0 Oreo Mobile operating system, a few week ago. All the major companies started working to roll out the Android Oreo OS update for their devices. And also custom ROM developers started working on it to provide custom ROM based on Android 8.0 Oreo. Here in this article, we are going to talk about how to download and install Android Oreo on Redmi Note 3 and Redmi Note 3 Pro which is based on AOSP. It’s an unofficial ROM and Custom ROM.
Thanks to the XDA developer to provide the AOSP custom ROM for Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 and Redmi Note 3 Pro which is based on latest Android 8.0 Oreo operating system. AOSP custom ROM comes with stock Android instead of MIUI 9. The AOSP ROM is the purest form of Android OS which means there are no bloatware or unnecessary features. The AOSP ROM is still in development stage and there might be few bugs, the ROM will get the update when developer build the stable ROM.
If you have Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 or Redmi Note 3 Pro device and want to install Android 8.0 Oreo OS, then your are at right place. Here in this article, we will guide you to how to download and install Android Oreo on Redmi Note 3 and Redmi Note 3 Pro which based on AOSP Custom ROM.
- Make sure your device charged up to 60%.
- Make sure your Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 and Redmi Note 3 Pro bootloader is unlocked.
- Ensure that you have installed Custom recovery on your device. Preferably TWRP recovery.
- This tutorial only for Xiaomi Redm Note 3 and Redmi Note 3 Pro, Don’t try it on others devices.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
How to install Android Oreo on Redmi Note 3 and Redmi Note 3 Pro
- Download the AOSP ROM from the above-mentioned link.
- Reboot your device into TWRP recovery mode by press and hold volume up and power buttons together for few seconds.
- Tap on Wipe Data, Cache And Dalvik Cache.
- Go back to the main menu and tap on install and select the ROM zip file and flash it.
- After installation complete, go back to the main menu and reboot your device.
That’s all, you have installed Android Oreo on Xiaomi Mi 3 based on AOSP Custom ROM. It will take time to boot for the first time.