OnePlus X was launched in October 2015 and comes with Android 5.0 Lollipop operating system. The device is upgradable up to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow OS. But there is Android 7.0 Nougat official update released by the company yet. Google has launched the Android 8.0 Oreo Mobile operating system and released for its Pixel and Nexus devices. Here in this article, we will guide you how to update, download and install Android Oreo on OnePlus X based on LineageOS 15.
The LineageOS 15 is custom ROM which is based on Android 8.0 Oreo operating system. If you have OnePlus X smartphone and want to update it to Android 8.0 Oreo, then you are at right place. Just follow the article to update, download and install Android Oreo on OnePlus X based on LineageOS 15.
The LineageOS 15 Android 8.0 Oreo custom ROM for OnePlus X is still in the initial stage and it may have few bugs. So, proceed your own risk and we will not be responsible if anything happens to your device during this process.
- Make sure your device charged up to 60%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This tutorial is only for OnePlus X. Don’t try it on others devices.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Enable your device USB debugging.
- Take a complete backup of your device.
How to install Android Oreo on OnePlus X based on LineageOS 15
- Download all the files from links as mentioned earlier and transfer them into internal storage option.
- Now, reboot your device into Recovery mode by pressing and holding power and volume buttons together for few seconds.
- Now, Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
- Now, tap on the install and select the Android Oreo zip file and flash it.
- After installation complete, flash GApps zip file.
- After complete installation, go back to the main memory and reboot your device.
- It will take time to boot while doing first time after installation.
Now your OnePlus X is running on Android 8.0 Oreo OS which based on LineageOS 15 Custom ROM. If you are facing any problem during this process, let us know in the comment box.