The AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo is a custom ROM for Moto G5 Plus. manikchathli develops the Android Oreo AOSP custom ROM for Moto G5 Plus. TheAOSP custom ROM for Moto G5 Plus is still in the initial stage that means it may have few bugs. So, proceed at your own risk and we will not be responsible if anything happens to your device.
If you have Moto G5 Plus smartphone and want to update and test new Android features, then you are at right place. Just follow the article step by step to download, update and install Android Oreo on Moto G5 Plus based on AOSP custom ROM.
- Make sure your device charged up to 60%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This tutorial is only for Moto G5 Plus. Don’t try it on others devices.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Enable your device USB debugging.
- Take a complete backup of your device.
How to install Android Oreo on Moto G5 Plus based on AOSP ROM
- Download all the files from links as mentioned earlier and transfer them into internal storage option.
- Now, reboot your device into Recovery mode.
- Now, Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
- Now, tap on the install and select the Android Oreo zip file and flash it.
- After installation complete, flash GApps zip file.
- After complete installation, go back to the main memory and reboot your device.
- It will take time to boot while doing first time after installation.
That’ll, you have installed the AOSP custom ROM on Moto G5 Plus which is based on Android 8.0 Oreo operating system out of the box. If you are facing any problem during the installation, let us know in the comment box.