Motorola Moto G 2013 was the first smartphone the Moto G series and launched in 2013. The Moto G X1032 comes with Android 4.3 Jelly Bean operating system and it was a low-budget smartphone. Lenovo updated and released the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop OS update for Moto G X1032 2013 smartphone. After that, there is no OS update for the Moto G. Here in this article, we will guide you how to download, update and install Android Oreo on Moto G 2013 based on LineageOS 15.
The LineageOS 15 for Moto G is a custom ROM which is based on Android 8.0 Oreo Operating system. The google has launched the new Android 8.0 Oreo operating system with new features, last month. CarlosArriagaCM develops the LineageOS 15 custom ROM Android Oreo for Moto G. The custom ROM is still in the initial stage and has many bugs.
If you have Moto G 2013 model smartphone and want to update to Android Oreo, then you are at right place. Follow the article to update, download and install Android Oreo on Moto G 2013 based on LineageOS 15 custom ROM.
- RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
- Video Playback
- Audio ( Record and Playback )
- SELinux is permissive
- Make sure your device charged up to 60%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This tutorial is only for Moto G 2013. Don’t try it on others devices.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Enable your device USB debugging.
- Take a complete backup of your device.
How to install Android Oreo on Moto G 2013 based on LineageOS 15
- Download all the files from links as mentioned earlier and transfer them into internal storage option.
- Now, reboot your device into Recovery mode by pressing and holding power and volume buttons together for few seconds.
- Now, Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
- Now, tap on the install and select the Android Oreo zip file and flash it.
- After installation complete, flash GApps zip file.
- After complete installation, go back to the main memory and reboot your device.
- It will take time to boot while doing first time after installation.
That’ll, you have installed the LineageOS 15 on Moto G 2013 which is based on Android 8.0 Oreo operating system out of the box. If you are facing any problem during the installation, let us know in the comment box.