Lenovo launched the Motorola 2nd Gen Moto E series smartphone in 2015, called Moto E2 or Moto E (2ng Gen) or Moto E 2015. The company launched the two variants one comes with LTE connectivity feature and another comes with without LTE COnnectivity. Here in this article, we will show you how to update, download and install Android Oreo on Moto E2 LTE 2015 based on LineageOS 15.
The Moto E2 comes with Android 5.0 Lollipop operating system out of the box. Late last month, Google has launched the new Android 8.0 Oreo operating system with new features. We sure about that the Moto E2 LTE will not be received the Android Oreo OS update officially. But, there is one option for you to update Moto E2 to Android Oreo and test the new features on it. You should go for Customs ROM.
LineageOS 15 is one of the best customs ROM in the market. Thanks to the CarlosArriagaCM developer who developed the LineageOS 15 for Moto E2 which is based on Android 8.0 Oreo OS. If you want to install Android Oreo on Moto E2 LTE variant, then you are at right place. Follow the article to update, download and install Android Oreo on Moto E2 LTE 2015 based on LineageOS 15 custom ROM.
The LineageOS 15 is still in the initial stage and has many bugs. Proceed at your own risk and we will not be responsible if anything happens to your device.
- Make sure your device charged up to 60%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This tutorial is only for Moto E2 LTE 2015. Don’t try it on others devices.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Enable your device USB debugging.
- Take a complete backup of your device.
How to install Android Oreo on Moto E2 LTE based on LineageOS 15
- Download all the files from links as mentioned earlier and transfer them into internal storage option.
- Now, reboot your device into Recovery mode by pressing and holding power and volume buttons together for few seconds.
- Now, Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
- Now, tap on the install and select the Android Oreo zip file and flash it.
- After installation complete, flash GApps zip file.
- After complete installation, go back to the main memory and reboot your device.
- It will take time to boot while doing first time after installation.
Now your Motorola Moto E2 LTE 2015 is running on LineageOS 15 custom ROM which based on Android 8.0 Oreo operating system. If you are facing any problem or issue during the installation, let us know in the comment box.