How to install Android Oreo on HTC ONE M8 based on LineageOS 15
HTC One M8 was launched in 2014 which was the company’s high-end device. Here in this article, we will guide you how to download and install Android Oreo on HTC One M8 which based on LineageOS 15. The smartphone came with 4.4.2 KitKat operating system out of the box. The company released the Android 6.0 Marshmallow update officially. But no Android 7.0 Nougat OS update for the phone, which means there could be no Android 8.0 Oreo update release by the company officially.
Thanks to the custom ROMs developers that provide custom ROMs which based on Android OS. One of the custom ROM developers, develop the LineageOS 15 custom ROM which is based on Android 8.0 Oreo operating system. Which is launched in last month by Google.
The HTC One M8 has a 5-inch display with 1080 x 1920 pixels of resolution. It is powered by a Quad-Core Snapdragon 801 processor under the hood which clocked at 2.3 GHz. It has 2 GB of RAM and 16 GB and 32 GB internal storage variants. The One M8 is packed with Non-removable Li-Po 2600 mAh battery along with fast charging feature.
- Make sure your device charged up to 60%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This tutorial only for HTC ONE M8, Don’t try it on others devices.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Enable your device USB debugging.
- Take a complete backup of your device.
How to install Android Oreo on HTC One M8 based on LineageOS 15
- Download all the files from links as mentioned earlier and transfer them into internal storage option.
- Now, reboot your device into Recovery mode.
- Now, Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
- Now, tap on the install and select the Android Oreo zip file and flash it.
- After installation complete, flash GApps zip file.
- After complete installation, go back to the main memory and reboot your device.
- It will take time to boot while doing first time after installation.
You have successfully installed Lineage OS 15 custom ROM on HTC ONE M8 which is based on Android 8.0 Oreo operating system. If you are facing any problem while installation, let us know in the comment section.