Samsung Galaxy S6 G920F was launched in 2015, it comes with Android 5.0.2 Lollipop operating system out of the box. The company already updated it to Android 7.0 Nougat OS. last month, Google has launched the latest Android 8.0 Oreo Mobile operating system and many smartphones working on the Android 8.0 Oreo update for their devices including Samsung.
Samsung Will release the Android 8.0 Oreo OS update for the Galaxy S6 G920F smartphone, but it will take time few months. If you have Galaxy S6 G920F and want to test the latest Android 8.0 Oreo features, then you should go for Custom ROM. Many custom ROM developers are working on the custom ROMs which are based on the Android 8.0 Operating system.
LineageOS 15 is one of the best custom ROM which is based on Android Oreo operating system. Thanks to the developer who develop the ROM for Samsung Galaxy S6 flagship smartphone. If you want to install Android oreo on Galaxy S6, then you are at right place. Here in this article, we will guide you how to download and install Android Oreo on Galaxy S6 based on LineageOS 15 custom ROM. The LineageOS 15 is still in Beta stage.
- Make sure your device charged up to 60%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This tutorial only for Galaxy S6 G920F, Don’t try it on others devices.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Enable your device USB debugging.
- Take a complete backup of your device.
How to install Android Oreo on Galaxy S6 G920F based on LineageOS 15
- Download all the files from links as mentioned earlier and transfer them into internal storage option.
- Now, reboot your device into Recovery mode.
- Now, Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
- Now, tap on the install and select the Android Oreo zip file and flash it.
- After installation complete, flash GApps zip file.
- After complete installation, go back to the main memory and reboot your device.
- It will take time to boot while doing first time after installation.
You have successfully installed Lineage OS 15 custom ROM on Galaxy S6 G920F which is based on Android 8.0 Oreo operating system. If you are facing any problem while installation, let us know in the comment section.