In the last week, Google has unveiled the Android latest mobile operating system, called Android Oreo (Android 8.0 Oreo). Google has already launched Android 8.0 Oreo update for its Pixels series and Nexus series devices. Here in this article, we are going to guide you to how to install Android Oreo on Asus ZenFone 5 which is based on Android AOSP custom ROM.
AOSP is the one of the best custom ROM available in the market which is based on the Android operating system. Thanks to the Custom ROM developers to develop the AOSP custom ROM for Asus ZenFone 5 device which is completely based on the latest Android Oreo operating system.
The AOSP custom ROM for ZenFone 5 is in the alpha stage, which means there are lots of bugs in it. But the other bugs will be fixed in the later updates. If you want to install the Android O OS on your ZenFone 5 before getting an official update, then you are at right place. Follow the article completely to how to download and install Android Oreo on Asus ZenFone AOSP custom ROM.
- Radio Interface Layer is not working
- The Audio is currently not working
- Sensors like Proximity etc
- Media does not work currently
- Make sure your device charged up to 60%.
- Make Sure you have to be installed proper device drivers on your PC or Laptop.
- You have enabled USB debugging and OEM Unlock (Settings->Applications->Developer Options->USB Debugging mode).
- Make sure you have downloaded and installed Minimal ADB and fastboot drivers on your PC or Laptop.
- This tutorial only for Asus ZenFone 5, Don’t try it on others devices.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
How to install Android Oreo on Asus ZenFone 5 based on AOSP ROM
- Download the Android 8.0 Oreo AOSP ROM from the mentioned link, above. Copy the downloaded file and transfer it to the Minimal ADB and Fastboot folder.
- Go to the Minimal ADB and Fastboot folder and press and hold the shift key and click the right button of the mouse anywhere in the folder and type cmd in the bar and press enter.
- Connect your ZenFone 5 to PC or Laptop via USB cable.
- In the Command port write the following command:-
adb reboot bootloader
- Write the following command again to know that your device connected in the fastboot mode:-
- If it shows alpha-numeric number with fastboot besides it in return. Then your device connected successfully.
- Now write the following command:-
fastboot erase userdata fastboot erase cache fastboot flash system system.img fastboot flash boot boot.img fastboot reboot
- After installation complete, your device reboot automatically.
That’s all, now you have successfully installed the AOSP custom ROM on Asus ZenFone 5 which is based on Android 8.0 Oreo operating system. If you stuck or facing any problem while going through this process, let us know. You can comment below section.