Asus Zenfone 2 was launched in 201 and comes with Android 5.0 Lollipop operating system out of the box. The Asus already released the Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS update for the phone. Here in this article, we are going to talk about how to download and install Android Oreo on Asus Zenfone 2 laser ZE550KL smartphone based on LineageOS 15 custom ROM.
The LineageOS 15 is custom ROM and still in Alpha stage, which means it will have few bugs. Thanks to the developer who develops the LineageOS 15 custom ROM for Ausu Zenfone 2 Laser which is based on latest Android 8.0 Oreo operating system. If you have Asus ZenFone 2 Laser ZE550KL smartphone and want to test Android 8.0 Oreo OS features, then you should go for Custom ROM. Because, the company has not released the Android Nougat update for the device and Google launched the another version of Android OS, called Android 8.0 OS.
If you have Asus ZenFone 2 Laser ZE550KL smartphone and want to test Android 8.0 Oreo OS features, then you should go for Custom ROM. Because, the company has not released the Android Nougat update for the device and Google launched the another version of Android OS, called Android 8.0 OS. If you want to install Android 8.0 Oreo on the device, then you are at right place. Just follow the complete article to download and install Android Oreo on Asus Zenfone 2 Laser based on LineageOS 15.
The LineageOS is for Asus Zenfone Laser ZE550KL ( Z00L / Z00LD ), Asus Zenfone Laser ZE550KG ( Z00W / Z00WD ), Asus Zenfone Laser ZE600KL ( Z00M / Z00MD / Z00MDD ) devices.
– RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
– Video Playback
– Audio ( Record and Playback )
– SELinux is permissive
– Speakers don’t work on ZE600KL model
- Make sure your device charged up to 60%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This tutorial only for Asus Zenfone 2 Laser ZE550KL, ZE550KG, ZE600KL. Don’t try it on others devices.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Enable your device USB debugging.
- Take a complete backup of your device.
- Download Android 8.0 Oreo for Zenfone 2 Laser based on LineageOS 15
- Download GApps
How to install Android Oreo on Asus Zenfone 2 laser ZE550KL
- Download all the files from links as mentioned earlier and transfer them into internal storage option.
- Now, reboot your device into Recovery mode.
- Now, Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
- Now, tap on the install and select the Android Oreo zip file and flash it.
- After installation complete, flash GApps zip file.
- After complete installation, go back to the main memory and reboot your device.
- It will take time to boot while doing first time after installation.
That’s it, You have installed Android 8.0 Oreo custom ROM based on LineageOS 15 on Asus Zenfone 2 Laser smartphone. If you are facing any problem while installing this custom ROM let us know in comment section.