In the previous article, We told that the Samsung released the Android 7.0 Nougat update for the Galaxy S5Neo. Now, here in this article, we are going to talk about how to download and install Android Nougat on Galaxy S5 Neo SM-G903W model number smartphone. This is the official update firmware released by Samsung for the Galaxy S5 Neo smartphone which was launched in 2015.
The Galaxy S5 Neo was spotted on the GeekBench, running on Android 7.0 Nougat operating system. The new Android 7.0 Nougat update for Galaxy S5 Neo comes with many new features, including improved doze mode, multi window mode, revamped settings app and notification panel, better notification controls and background optimizations. The company already released the Android 7.0 Nougat update via OTA.
If you have Galaxy S5 Neo smartphone, you can check the update manually go to the settings>About phone->system Update. If you have not received the Android 7.0 Nougat firmware update yet, there is is an another option to update Galaxy S5 Neo SM-G903W smartphone to Android 7.0 Nougat firmware. Just follow the article completely step by step to how to download and install Android Nougat on Galaxy S5 Neo SM-G903W official firmware.
- Make sure your device charged up to 60%.
- This tutorial only for Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo SM-G903W, Don’t try it on others devices.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Make sure you enabled the USB Debugging.
- Make sure you have installed proper Samsung drivers.
- Download Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware for Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo SM-G903W
- Download Odin
How to install Android Nougat on Galaxy S5 Neo SM-G903W (official)
- Download all files from the link mentioned above on your PC or Laptop.
- Extract both the Odin and Android 7.0 Nougat firmware zip files. In the firmware folder, you will get 5 files with .tar.md5extentions.
- Reboot you your device into download mode by press and hold Volume Down + Home + Power Key together until you see the blue screen with an exclamation sign, then press the Volume up button.
- Now, run the Odin application on your PC or Laptop and connect your device via USB cable.
- The Odin will detect the device automatically.
- Click on the BL and browse the file that starts with BL in the extracted firmware folder.
- Now, click on the AP button and select the AP file.
- Click on the CP button and select the CP file.
- Now, click on CSC button and select the CSC file.
- Now your Odin screen looks like below image.
- Now, click the start button and wait for the installation complete.
- After installation complete, your device will reboot automatically.
- It will take time while booting the first time.
Tha’s all, you have successfully installed the Android 7.0 Nougat official firmware on the Galaxy S5 Neo SM-SM-G903W smartphone. If you face any problem in any step, let us know in the comment section.